i got people who i can see their avatars and they can see mine and some cant see mine, and others i cant see theirs.....just my .02 in tha pot
    11-03-09 08:39 PM
    I am having the same issue, can not recover my contacts ...
    11-03-09 09:03 PM
    I chose to back mine up to the media card as well. After the last OS update I installed bbm 5.0.33 again and no avatars. All my contacts were there but even after two days no avatars. In the end I decided to restore my contact list from the media card and it worked like a charm. Avatars started updating as they were supposed to when contacts changed info flawlessly. I suggest you keep a backup on the media card at all times until the rim issue is resolved with the remote backup.
    11-03-09 09:42 PM
    I had the issue since friday and today all of a sudden it worked for me... i have myself as a contact in cases like this so i can see if its working or not and it is for me but all my other contacts still can't update their pictures... I just don't get how this issue can take this long to solve...
    11-03-09 09:47 PM
    I have a bb tour and my bbm avatars and things are working fine now. I wipe my phone and restored my backup the I went to my bbm and my contact avatars were still blank so I restored my contacts through my email
    an like 30 mins later everything started working.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 09:48 PM
    I chose to back mine up to the media card as well. After the last OS update I installed bbm 5.0.33 again and no avatars. All my contacts were there but even after two days no avatars. In the end I decided to restore my contact list from the media card and it worked like a charm. Avatars started updating as they were supposed to when contacts changed info flawlessly. I suggest you keep a backup on the media card at all times until the rim issue is resolved with the remote backup.
    I have a back up on my sd card and still have a problem.
    11-03-09 10:08 PM
    I think servers are being fixed at the moment, my avatars are coming back and groups are loading again.

What about you?
    11-03-09 10:50 PM
    could anyone let us know if the problem is solve ill wait to switch devices !
    11-03-09 10:52 PM
    I believe the problem is still there (I tested it on my 2 bbs). Hopefully RIM solves this quick.
    11-03-09 11:07 PM
    Any updates on this..haven't gotten any of my avatars to show up..
    11-03-09 11:07 PM
    Same here. I have installed bbm 5.0 three times & still the dame thing.

11-03-09 11:10 PM
    Some avatars are missing, if I try to do a local save of bbm on to the media card the date listed for the name of the file takes place in the past. (The date is 09-11-04)

Also some friends can receive media files other cant. (And I can confirm they have 5.0)
    11-03-09 11:34 PM
    RIM is working on it, it may take awhile. Just be patient please, also be happy its just the avatars issue and not the whole bbm system is down!
    11-04-09 12:40 AM
    It's not only that...my status updates won't change. I've had the same status for about a week now. I've cleared it and changed it but it remains the same status I posted a week ago.
    11-04-09 02:54 AM
    It's not only that...my status updates won't change. I've had the same status for about a week now. I've cleared it and changed it but it remains the same status I posted a week ago.
    Avatars are back up, just goto Options, then Select Display Pictures, then save and do a battery pull. I'm not sure what's going on with the status not updating, I'll look into that issue and report back!

Thnx, �Tripster�

11-04-09 02:58 AM
    Thanks, avatars are definitely back up. My team has been having some weird group issues where as sometimes even the admins of the groups would be kicked out. Hopefully all gets fixed.
    11-04-09 06:21 AM
    All my contacts avatars came back last night 20:50(GMT) but now someone has changed theirs when i was there and it has not updated on my list. The problem may not be totally fixed as yet.
    11-04-09 06:52 AM
    Since when did it become standard to have customers beta test and find bugs?

I want a check in the mail for my work finding bugs in RIMS software!!!
    11-04-09 07:09 AM
    Since when did it become standard to have customers beta test and find bugs?

I want a check in the mail for my work finding bugs in RIMS software!!!
    Since Microsoft started doing it 25 years ago. I guess RIM could start closing down beta software completely by tieing it into their server for validation. Release something each year. Would that make you happy?
    11-04-09 07:34 AM
    Since Microsoft started doing it 25 years ago. I guess RIM could start closing down beta software completely by tieing it into their server for validation. Release something each year. Would that make you happy?
    No. what would make me happy is some pancakes!
    11-04-09 07:56 AM
    Although I have changed my avatar the change is not visible to others and some have reported that there is no avatar now. I backup my contacts on my device so have no issues there. I have some contacts that have changed their avatars and their new one is visible to me.
    11-04-09 08:27 AM
    I guess the saying goes Misery loves Company...Cuz Im glad to know I wasnt the only one affected by this.

I miss seeing ppl avaters
    11-04-09 10:56 AM
    Our chat group shows updated avatars. However still has not changed in reg section of BBM.
    11-04-09 12:01 PM
    My husband and I downloaded the newest DM last night and when we hooked up our BB storms - mind you mine is the new S2 - both said they were missing Core Applications. After downloading - BB Messenger 5.0 worked perfectly with the avatars. Not sure if anyone had this happen as well...
    11-04-09 12:25 PM
    Many of my employees are having this exact same issue with their phones. None of their Avatars are updating and have been stuck on a picture they updated from a week ago.
    11-04-09 12:52 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD