deactivating ..

and also registering a new email for remote backup gets stuck on
    checking email status

battery pull
    didnt work

im not ready to reinstall

so is it a possible RIM server issue ?
    11-01-09 03:40 AM
    I think it's the server. A friend and I were having issues similar to this. We even reinstalled...no luck. Now we both have no avatar pics...
    11-01-09 04:05 PM
    I am having the same issue, can not recover my contacts or group because recovery will not work. Completely annoyed because i've been uninstalling and reinstalling since yesterday.
    11-01-09 08:37 PM
    I am having the same problem, it is stuck on "checking email status" I couldnt recover my contacts and I just re added all of them and now i don't have any avatars showing up. what do we do? should we just wait if it is a RIM problem?
    11-01-09 09:41 PM
    known RIM issue, servers are fubar, being worked on.
    11-01-09 09:46 PM
    I'm glad this avatar is a server issue. Just hope its sorted soon My contact list with no avatars looks a bit boring LOL
    11-02-09 02:11 AM
    Wonder if its a possiblity that BBM will be updated too
    Not just servers

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 04:52 AM
    Wonder if its a possiblity that BBM will be updated too
    Not just servers

I hope so!

11-03-09 04:00 PM
    This has been a hugh problem problem for my wife, she thought it was a problem with the new 5.0 on her Storm and deleted BBM thinking that her contacts would restore over the air, but did not due to this issue. I have also asked everyone else that has a BB and they are having the same issue.
    11-03-09 04:11 PM
    Same here, shrunk my os last night and reinstalled bbm and tried to restore contacts via email and i didnt go thru. It just said it was busy and and to wait. Today i deleted and reintsalled and same thing. Im thought it was just happening to me but apparentley not.
    11-03-09 04:34 PM
    My avatars haven't been updating (specifically mine wasn't updating - that I noticed first) so I uninstalled BBM and couldn't restore from Remote Backup. Thankfully I keep an obnoxious amount of backups - so i WAS able to restore through Desktop Manager for Mac.
    11-03-09 04:47 PM
    I upgraded to 5.0 beta for the Tour and when I reinstalled BBM I had the same issue. My BBM Groups are still trying to load but I was able to restore my contacts from a saved file on my SD card. I started getting some of my contact's pictures back a little while ago but I still am stuck trying to recover my groups.
    11-03-09 04:51 PM
    posted on BlackBerry Support Website~

Avatars are not displayed for contacts in BlackBerry Messenger 5.0

Resolution
    This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available.

Website info here:
    View Document
    11-03-09 04:59 PM
    reloaded my os yesterday.
    loaded bbm fresh, could not restore from online backup or restore avatar doing a backup i had on my memory card
    11-03-09 05:21 PM
    Im still having issues restoring my BBM contacts using email. It keeps saying "Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes."
    11-03-09 06:11 PM
    Im still having issues restoring my BBM contacts using email. It keeps saying "Please try again later. You are currently being registered with the BlackBerry Messenger Service. This is an automatic process that will complete in a few minutes."
    Mine is saying the exact same thing. Has been happening for a few days now. Hopefully they get it fixed fast.
    11-03-09 06:30 PM
    Mine is saying the exact same thing. Has been happening for a few days now. Hopefully they get it fixed fast.
    Now it is saying "Data Services Unavailable". I hope this gets fixed soon since it kind of sucks not having any BBM contacts.
    11-03-09 06:36 PM
    This all started Friday afternoon. Everyone I know that uses BBM 5.0 is totally affected. I have my avatars as I saved a back-up to my media card but they not being updated. Status messages are being updated though it seems. This Sucks. How can it still be malfunctioning from RIM after 4 friggin days!? :-(
    11-03-09 06:38 PM
    I guess their focus is on other matters..
    11-03-09 06:47 PM
    i have problems with updating avatars, they do not update, and having issue sending pictures and files anyone else?
    11-03-09 07:02 PM
    i have problems with updating avatars, they do not update, and having issue sending pictures and files anyone else?
    Ditto.

And there seems to be some major LAG when conversations are more than 2 or 3 days old. Sometimes the cursor completely disappears and I have to clear the chat, end the chat and start fresh again for the cursor to come back and the lag to go away.
    11-03-09 07:11 PM
    I have all the above problems, but I noticed that some (not all) of my contacts need me to re-invite them again and again. I had changed my bb from javelin to storm, but in their bbm my name is still attached to my old bb's PIN and after I re-invited them...still after sometime I have to re-invite them again.

Ming
    11-03-09 07:32 PM
    Same problems here, 1 week 1 picture, very slowly
    11-03-09 07:35 PM
    Experienced this too, avatar changes won't be be shown in 'Recent Updates', but I notice that if you have group, the latest avatar will be shown in 'Group Updates'.
    11-03-09 07:38 PM
    Experienced this too, avatar changes and pictures are not there also
    11-03-09 08:37 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD