So I did the official update and now when I get a BBM I get the small icon at the top of the screen, the sound notification, and the LED blink ... BUT, the red star icon no longer lights on my Message Folder (it does still light on the BBM folder, which is hidden).

Any idea on how to get it back? And yes, Ive tried batt pulls (3 already)
    06-01-09 08:33 PM
    Go to messages>menu>options>general options>display new message indicator: YES is what it should be set to...
    06-01-09 08:35 PM
    Yep, it is .. I just switched it to NO, saved, and then back to YES just to make sure tho but still nothing
    06-01-09 08:38 PM
    This is how it shows up whereas before the update I would get the top icon but also the red star on the Message folder

06-01-09 08:43 PM
    A friend of mine has the same issue with the Message folder indicator now showing as well -- noone else has this problem?
    06-03-09 08:08 AM
    Go Inside Your Instant Message Folder and move BB Messanger back to your home screen
    06-03-09 08:46 AM
    I dont want the BBM folder on my home screen. I have had it hidden all along with the messages showing up in my Message Folder (and with the red icon showing upon new message). Since the .148 update, that has gone away
    06-03-09 08:59 AM
    Okay...Try this

Open BB Messenger>>Options>>Scroll Down to Conversations

Sorry about earlier...I did not read you OP carefully.
    Last edited by MePascal; 10-11-10 at 02:12 PM.
    06-03-09 09:07 AM
    Thats all set correctly.

The BBM shows up in the Message folder, I get the icon at the top of the screen, it plays the alert, the LED blinks and the BBM Folder gets the new item icon -- but the Message folder no longer gets the icon (when in the past, it has)
    06-03-09 09:28 AM
    I have always only had a new mesage star on the icon not the foldeR so this is norms to me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-09 11:30 AM
    I just started having this problem yesterday on my Bold. I'm running the AT&T official .297 release with that version of BBM. I tried installing BBM5 but that didn't solve the issue either. Exact same problem as the OP.

Any ideas on how to fix it?
    09-07-09 10:19 AM
    I am a Tour user and have the same problem. I have the "all message" folder, 3 email folders, the BBM, then SMS & MMS folder, and the Visual Voice mail, and all of them WERE getting the Red Star Indicator until recently! I too want them back. Does anyone really know the answer? Anyway to get Verizon or Blackberry to answer?
    09-10-09 08:41 PM
    I am a Tour user and have the same problem. I have the "all message" folder, 3 email folders, the BBM, then SMS & MMS folder, and the Visual Voice mail, and all of them WERE getting the Red Star Indicator until recently! I too want them back. Does anyone really know the answer? Anyway to get Verizon or Blackberry to answer?
    Would be interested in this answer, same problem recently, used to get red star notification for the account that got the message, now only in the "all messages". Any help would be great.
    09-30-09 02:33 PM
    Just wanted to revisit to see if anyone had any ideas. I did a wipe of my Bold and it still doesn't work. I don't get the red star on the Messages folder.

Starting today, and after the wipe, Facebook messages no longer produce a red star on the main Messages folder either. Since I wiped the device and it's still happening, I have absolutely no idea what to do to fix it.

Any ideas? Very frustrated.

- Matt
    10-09-09 11:23 PM
    it's not gonna show in the message folder...it's already showing on the BBM icon/IM folder if you use that organization...

i keep my messages folder separated as much...it's easier for me, so i don't see the star on my messages folder for very much anyway...just emails, and PINS...
    10-09-09 11:38 PM
    it's not gonna show in the message folder...it's already showing on the BBM icon/IM folder if you use that organization...

i keep my messages folder separated as much...it's easier for me, so i don't see the star on my messages folder for very much anyway...just emails, and PINS...
    It always did show up, then just stopped. All my BBM's and Facebook messages show up in the Messages folder. I've asked 4 friends with Bold's and they all see the red star on the Messages folder when they get new BBM's with the latest BBM5 installed.
    10-09-09 11:40 PM
    did you change OS or anything else besides the new BBM download?

have you done a battery pull?

are you using a 3rd party theme?
    10-09-09 11:43 PM
    also on my storm (idk if this setting is there for you) if you go to options>advanced options>accessibility>there is a setting called "grid layout"

if that is changed to anything other than default it messes up the message waiting indicator stuff, including icon "red star" indicators
    10-09-09 11:44 PM
    did you change OS or anything else besides the new BBM download?

have you done a battery pull?

are you using a 3rd party theme?
    No OS change, tried a battery pull, there is nothing on my Bold other than first party stuff that was left after a wipe. I literally wiped my device, did a 60 second battery pull, and tried BBM and Facebook. Haven't installed any other apps.
    10-09-09 11:45 PM
    also on my storm (idk if this setting is there for you) if you go to options>advanced options>accessibility>there is a setting called "grid layout"

if that is changed to anything other than default it messes up the message waiting indicator stuff, including icon "red star" indicators
    Mine is set to Default on my Bold. Everything is at default settings after the wipe.
    10-09-09 11:46 PM
    that's ********...hold on one sec, i'm gonna try to get everything in my inbox and see if the red star shows on mine...

like i said i keep everything separate
    10-09-09 11:51 PM
    i've recieved like 9 BBM, 4 facebook, who knows how many sms of people talking **** cus my red sox lost game 2, and email updates from CB...

and neither facebook nor BBM caused the red star...granted they're both on the home screen still...i'll move 'em into a folder and see if it changes anything
    10-10-09 12:20 AM
    apps are in a folder, and that folder isn't getting the red star either...

sorry, doesn't seem like it's supposed to do that...idk why it did before, or what you did to change it, but i only get the star for actual emails and PINS, not for facebook and BBM...
    10-10-09 01:09 AM
    Ok so after spending 2 hrs on the phone i finally got it, YES I HAVE THE SOLUTION, what you need to do is go to Options> Screen/Keyboard> Menu and select Short Menu this worked for me hopefully it works for you guys
    08-28-10 01:22 AM
    ^^ i tried. Still not working
    09-03-10 05:26 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD