I have searched for the answer to this question....and I sought the answer in one of my bbm groups. I am unable to get an answer to this question but really need help because I am going crazy.

BBM

All of my BBM chats are showing up in my email folder. I have 2 emails (blackberry acct and live acct) both are hidden. I use the email folder that both show up in as my main mail folder. After the upgrade now my BBM shows up in this folder too.

I have gone into the options of the mail folder and unchecked the sms/mms...this does not help

How do I separate the BBM from my main email folder?
    Last edited by Jedi_Blackberry; 10-27-09 at 09:40 PM.
    10-27-09 09:38 PM
    Go into BBM:
    Hit Menu Key --> Options and then uncheck the Show Chats in Messages Application box.
    10-27-09 09:56 PM
    Go into BBM:
    Hit Menu Key --> Options and then uncheck the Show Chats in Messages Application box.
    Thanks for the response....I have tried this as well...no luck.
    10-27-09 10:00 PM
    Well then wipe your device and reinstall. BBM does not display in your messages if you've done the selections above.
    10-27-09 10:02 PM
    Well then wipe your device and reinstall. BBM does not display in your messages if you've done the selections above.
    crap!! what is the best way to wipe the device?
    10-27-09 10:07 PM
    Make a backup FIRST

Then go to options -> security -> general

Press menu and go to "wipe handheld"

Type "blackberry" in the box and it resets to factory

Make sure u make a backup on DTM that way you save your contacts, browser bookmarks and BBM info

Because it erases EVERYTHING

Good Luck
    10-27-09 10:11 PM
    Before wiping, you could try removing BBM and re-adding it. Backup your contacts first though.
    10-27-09 10:13 PM
    Definitely make sure you backup your calendar too. That gets wiped all the time.
    10-27-09 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD