my wife owns a 8520 and when people write to her to the bbm the messeges takes long to deliver.

my main question is, is this a software issue or a network issue?

maybe updating the os will help?
    09-05-10 12:05 PM
    More than likely a network issue, if signal strength is sketchy, etc.

What OS version and BBM version is she using now? Does she have a 3G connection when she's having this issue, and what sort of signal strength is there? (Alt+nmll) (those are L's by the way) will switch the display between bars and numbers for signal strength...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-10 12:20 PM
    last week, it took over 6 hours for messages to make it back and forth on BBM between my wife's phone and mine. Verizon had no good explanation, but said they had no "reports" of it being a RIM server issue. I was PISSED! (all of the messages came flooding in at once on both phones, right after she called me via voice)
    09-05-10 12:21 PM
    How often do both of you reboot/battery pull? There was an issue last week I think. Check the vzw or outages forum for that time frame (farther down the list if you're unfamiliar)...

09-05-10 12:25 PM
    I never had a BlackBerry that was EDGE only. The 8520 does not have 3G. But I'm not sure how much slower EDGE is.

Did you contact AT&T or T-Mobile about possible outages? Did you resend service books?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    09-05-10 12:27 PM
    How often do both of you reboot/battery pull? There was an issue last week I think. Check the vzw or outages forum for that time frame (farther down the list if you're unfamiliar)...

got a link of those forums, please?
    09-05-10 12:34 PM
    I have restarted the bb, and also using the last BBM, but, how do i resend the service books? That may help?

09-05-10 12:36 PM
    got a link of those forums, please?
    From this page, scroll to the top of the screen, click "forum home", and scroll down the list of crackberry forums until you find the one for your carrier or the service outages forum, or frankly any of the rest...

09-05-10 12:42 PM
    From this page, scroll to the top of the screen, click "forum home", and scroll down the list of crackberry forums until you find the one for your carrier or the service outages forum, or frankly any of the rest...

oh, you meant right here on CB! lol. THANKS.
    09-05-10 12:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD