Also started a thread in the Torch forum, but not having any luck. Same thing in the Native Apps forum. Sorry for the duplicate but I don't know where else to look for help. I'm new to BBM and stumped.

BBM is flooding my Messages folder w/ chat messages. I need this folder uncluttered for business use. "Show Chats in Messages Application" is unchecked from BBM Options, and Social Feeds is turned off.

Since Feeds are off, this shouldn't matter but just in case I made sure "Social Feeds Integrate with Messages App" is unchecked from Notification Settings and BBM is unchecked from Integrated Applications.

Is this a BBM issue or an OS issue? If all else fails, I'm gonna have to bail on BBM . FWIW, I'm using BBM 5.0.1.41 and OS .284

edit: added bold
    Last edited by Altarocks; 10-29-10 at 01:36 PM.
    10-29-10 12:22 PM
    Yup, same problem here, unable to stop BBM stuff from getting in my Messages area.
    10-29-10 01:16 PM
    I wonder if actually looking at the BBM options might provide any insight. For example mine says "Show Chats in Messages Application", not sure what this really means but I bet it has something to do with your issue.
    10-29-10 01:20 PM
    I wonder if actually looking at the BBM options might provide any insight. For example mine says "Show Chats in Messages Application", not sure what this really means but I bet it has something to do with your issue.
    Thanks, but did you by chance read my whole post?
    10-29-10 01:24 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull/reset? I've always accepted bbm and other "non sms" messages to be found in my message folder so this isn't an issue for me. Hope you find an answer. I'm curious about this now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 01:42 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull/reset? I've always accepted bbm and other "non sms" messages to be found in my message folder so this isn't an issue for me. Hope you find an answer. I'm curious about this now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, I've done many batt pulls. What's really frustrating is trying to get support from the BB website. They force you to preselect from a bunch of support options. Naturally I can't find any that match my problem, but I know there are others frustrated by this.
    10-29-10 02:01 PM
    OK, I think I figured this out. If I open a group (have to open each group individually), then select "View Group Details". Go to Message List Integration Settings and change to none. Leaving Turn Off All Notifications For This Group to No still lets the notifier work without flooding your Messages Folder.

I had only been viewing the options from the top-level BBM screen, not from within each group. I was assuming that "Show Chats in Messages Applications" from this view would control Message folder delivery, but apparently this must control something else. I think the way it's set up makes sense, since you can select which group messages (if any) you want to have delivered.

Hope this helps some of you.
    10-30-10 07:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD