I am playing with the idea of using the message folder for all messages rather than separate folders for all messages. The problem I encountered is that I am unable to reply to a BBM or a Yahoo message from the message folder. I have to physically go to BBM or Yahoo to get the keyboard to pop up.

Is this a problem for anyone else?
    07-14-10 09:44 AM
    Do you have the latest version of BBM installed? This was a pretty common problem for me, as well. I have the newest from BlackBerry Beta now and it is now fixed.
    07-14-10 09:47 AM
    where did you download the newest BBM? I have 5.0.0.57.
    07-14-10 09:55 AM
    This is an issue with Google Talk as well, it's well documented (and ****es me off every time I forget about it). I haven't tried the beta version of BBM.
    07-14-10 12:03 PM
    This is a common problem with OS .607 and OS .713.

To fix the issue go to www.blackberry.com/beta and sign up for an account. Then sign up for the BBM beta program. When you receive your tester's key you van download and install the BBM beta and you shouldn't have any keyboard issues.

Another solution is to downgrade your OS to .517 or lower.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-10 12:48 PM
    I rebooted my phone and it seems to work fine now.
    Thanks for the help.

07-14-10 01:56 PM
    FWIW, I have bbm .66 and a hybrid of OS .713 and it works fine from the Messages folder. But it's always worked for me regardless of version or OS, and I've had most, if not all, of the bbm versions and OS's.

I too use my Messages folder for all my emails/bbms/etc. Much easier to manage than 4 or 5 separate inboxes, in my opinion.
    07-14-10 02:25 PM
    I noticed somthing else today as well. If you start a chat from BBM you cannot reply in the messages folder. If the chat was already ongoing and you reboot the phone you will be able to reply in either location. Also, once you chose the location (message folder or BBM) you cannot change that location untill you reboot again. This seems really strange to me?? Anyone else have this issue?
    07-14-10 05:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD