My fiancee has just had the following message sent to her on BBM:

Bbm is shutting down at. 12:00. 0clock tonight if you don't broadcast this you'll loose your contact. Message from Jim Balsamic (CEO of RIM. Blackberry) we have had an over usage of user names on Blackberry Messenger. We are requesting all users to forward this message to their entire contact list. If you do not forward this message, we will take it as your account is invalid and it will be deleted within the next 48 hours. Please DO NOT ignore this message or blackberry will no longer recognise your pin. If you wish to re-activate your account after it has been deleted, a charge of 25.00 will be added to your monthly bill. We are also aware of the issue involving the pictures updates not showing. We are working diligently at fixing this problem and it will be up and running as soon as possible. Thank you for your cooperation from the blackberry team.

Now being an avid crackberry user I've seen these messages doing the rounds before and know its fake, but wondering how many people really will think its real?
    02-05-12 02:42 PM
    OMG! This is bad... or someone is sending out a prank. Hope it doesn't involve entering your PIN.

Did you go to the BB Site and see if there is an alert of this?
    02-05-12 02:46 PM
    It's not unusual. That garbage has been broadcasted unwittingly in various incarnations for quite some time.

I remember one of those fake messages that mentioned "Jim Balsamic".
    jafobabe likes this.
    02-05-12 02:48 PM
    Not been on the blackberry site but there hasn't been any twitter updates from blackberry either. Seen a few of these before and i can imagine some bb users believe every word.
    02-05-12 02:49 PM
    Pure BS, nothing more.
    Laura Knotek and AlienSlacker like this.
    02-05-12 02:57 PM
    Who's Jim Balsamic?

02-05-12 03:15 PM
    Didn't Jim Balsamic start a company with Tony Vinaigrette??
    02-05-12 03:21 PM
    Haha this message never goes away!
    02-05-12 03:57 PM
    Haha, what a bunch of "loosers". Please return a link to snopes.com whenever someone BBMs that to you.
    02-05-12 04:10 PM
    Pure BS, nothing more.
    My thoughts exactly.
    02-05-12 04:53 PM
    >>Didn't Jim Balsamic start a company with Tony Vinaigrette??

Way too funny!!! HAHAHAHA. Love it.
    slalom likes this.
    02-05-12 05:05 PM
    Snopes.com's articles are the way to educate the non-websavvy people that forward just about everything they see (and believe). I call hogwash, ballox, bullsh!t.
    02-05-12 06:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD