So, I turned my phone off today while I was taking an exam... When I turned my 8900 back on, I immediately went to check my BBMs. Everything seemed normal-- all 31 conversations showed. However, when I went to open a new conversation, I noticed that my contact list shrunk from 127 to 80. 47 lost contacts. What gives? Has this ever happened to anyone? Is it possible that the BlackBerry deleted just the contacts that were unreachable? I'm so confused.
    02-11-09 07:23 PM
    I know when you get deleted from someone's contact list it also removes them from yours. Maybe that is the case ... but that's a lot of contacts!
    02-11-09 07:28 PM
    I doubt I got deleted from 47 different people's contact lists within a one hour period of time.
    02-11-09 07:29 PM
    Maybe they were all old contacts and it updated them all at the same time?
    02-11-09 07:35 PM
    I now have 79 contacts, down from 80. Something's going on here.

What do you mean that maybe they were old contacts that updated them at the same time?
    02-11-09 07:38 PM
    Hopefully someone has a real solution for you, I am kinda just guessing at this right now. I'm was just thinking maybe those were contacts that were no longer valid and for some reason since you got a new phone they are being removed when before they were just staying around.
    02-11-09 07:42 PM
    I would say you were just demoted and deleted, but that does sound funny. I doubt all those ppl decided at that exact same time to delete you. Unless they all got 8900s and cleaned up their list because I did that when I first got mine. That is a real possibility seeing as how today is the release date. Also, I doubt that you kept up with that many ppl
    02-11-09 08:18 PM
    I would say you were just demoted and deleted, but that does sound funny. I doubt all those ppl decided at that exact same time to delete you. Unless they all got 8900s and cleaned up their list because I did that when I first got mine. That is a real possibility seeing as how today is the release date. Also, I doubt that you kept up with that many ppl
    I'm the only one of my friends with an 8900... Oddly, I think my BlackBerry did a "cleaning out" of my contacts. All of the ones that I talk to the most are there... I think I must have had 47 unused contacts (inactive, etc.).

For example, I know I had a duplicate of my friend Zach. Now, only his active pin is on my Contact List.
    02-11-09 08:24 PM
    These 'smartphones' are getting too smart!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 08:29 PM
    I guess your phone came with a maid!
    02-11-09 08:29 PM
    These 'smartphones' are getting too smart!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Again, I'm not sure if this is what actually happened... However, it seems to be the only logical explanation for a loss of 47 contacts within a one hour period.
    02-11-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD