Hi, I've had a BlackBerry for a while and I really like BBM but now I would like to get an Iphone. I heard about something called BB Connect but not sure how it works on non-BlackBerry devices. Then I heard something about using BBM on a non-BlackBerry device if you had a PIN. I'm giving my BlackBerry to my dad and him at fifty isn't quite going to use BBM LOL so I could use the PIN from "his" device which would be registered on a BlackBerry data plan. Has anyone heard of this? using a PIN from a BlackBerry and using BBM on another device which isn't a Berry? if so, how? just I heard of this but couldn't find anything about it but I want to use BBM on a Iphone, Nokia, whatever using a PIN from a BlackBerry device which is registered to a BlackBerry data plan
    05-05-11 11:11 AM
    It will never happen. BBM Belongs to BB
    05-05-11 11:30 AM
    There's an app called PingChat for iPhone, this should work, otherwise use WhatsAp for messages all over the smartphone-universe (android, iOS, BB...etc.) But thats not depending on the BB Pin.

The best way: Just keep you Blackberry or get a new one. Don't switch over to these iPhone-Fanboys.
    05-05-11 11:31 AM
    True, just I heard you could us a BB pin to get BBM (somehow) on a nn-BlackBerry device because that PIN would be registered to their servers
    05-05-11 11:34 AM
    BBM will not work on the iOS platform. You cannot use the PIN from the BB on the iPhone to attempt to get BBM to function. It's impossible. Try WhatsApp Messenger or Live Profile, both support cross platform chatting.
    05-05-11 12:33 PM
    Wait until BBM is ported to all platforms. Or use another IM service.
    05-05-11 02:11 PM
    It will never happen. BBM Belongs to BB
    Actually they are working on an Android and iOS port of BBM. it will happen

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    05-05-11 04:32 PM
    Actually they are working on an Android and iOS port of BBM. it will happen

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    Which is something I don't doubt not for a second.
    05-06-11 05:01 PM
    The best way: Just keep you Blackberry or get a new one. Don't switch over to these iPhone-Fanboys.
    Can we PLEASE cut the personal attacks? I understand there are iPhone fanboys, but every phone platform has its fanboys.

As for the OP: It is coming, but we don't know when BBM will hit the iPhone.
    05-06-11 06:27 PM
    True, just I heard you could us a BB pin to get BBM (somehow) on a nn-BlackBerry device because that PIN would be registered to their servers
    that's a negative ghostrider.

try live profile, very similar platform...
    05-06-11 06:30 PM
    Althou we had plenty of post putting the BBM on Android/iPhone into the hoax pin I think this could be of use.

RIMS Explains Why BBM For Other Platforms is NOT On the Road Map - BerryReview
    05-06-11 07:40 PM
    There's an app called PingChat for iPhone, this should work, otherwise use WhatsAp for messages all over the smartphone-universe (android, iOS, BB...etc.) But thats not depending on the BB Pin.

Your first post and you're already calling people names? Not a good start.
    05-07-11 07:03 AM
    I used blackberry connect on a nokia E61 for a while, it only supported push email, not bbm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 07:33 AM
    It is possible that BBM goes on iOS, they have very smart people on their team so it's not an impossibility. In my opinion I would love for BBM to go on iPhone because I miss BBM. Most of my friends have a BlackBerry and they mainly communicate by BBM and really that much on Whatsapp so...my phone is kind of boring. I think iPhone should launch the app asap.
    07-26-13 05:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD