How can somebody add you as a bbm contact when you didnt' give them your pin? are there any ways somebody can connect to you? And if you don't know them, and you accept their invite, can they do anytype of damage to your phone.

thanks
    Jay
    10-08-09 03:34 PM
    well, to your first question, as far as i know the answer will be no...they will need your pin, barcode, or your blackberry email address in order to add you as a contact

and 2 i doubt they will be able to do any damage....the new BBM 5.0.0.33 has a feature to delete a contact and block from sending you any more requests

hope that was helpful
    10-08-09 03:38 PM
    They can't not do any damage to your phone. In fact, if you delete the contact on your side, you will be deleted as a contact on their side.

They can connect with you via email-they still need to request you as a contact and you need to accept. If they are running OS 5.0 they could do the same through text message.
    10-08-09 03:38 PM
    what they said
    10-08-09 03:47 PM
    maybe transposed a number or letter same thing happened to me kept getting invite in spanish just kept denying they finally received the hint
    10-08-09 03:48 PM
    either your BB is refurbished, or they accidentally, and incorrectly, mistyped a character.. or two.
    10-08-09 03:59 PM
    No they cant hurt your phone just decline the request and go on about your day.
    10-08-09 06:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD