Hello all,

OK so I was deleting some contacts from BBM, too much forwards and nonsense made me delete them, as I deleted them, I pressed the ignore future invitation option, the contacts appear on my list of ignored contacts and all nice and dandy. However it does not seem to ignore the future invitations. These contacts found out they were deleted somehow since, I have been asked for explanations already :P...

My question is, can one delete a contact without them actually knowing... ? I have to admit, I am not too much in agreement of the whole message saying the contact was deleted. Any help is much appreciated
    01-19-11 10:20 PM
    If you delete someone from your contact list, they wont know (i.e. get a notification) until they notice you missing by virtue of you not replying to their BBM messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 11:12 PM
    Your contacts will know you deleted them when they look at the buddy list. There isn't a way to prevent them from finding out if you deleted them.

01-19-11 11:21 PM
    If he's stupid , just send a broadcast to him only , saying I will update my OS .. maybe all my list will be deleted

then delete him

ofcourse if you really updated ur device and you lost your contacts , it will show re-invite on their screen

that's why im telling you if he's stupid or don't know about this ... it'll work
    01-20-11 12:22 AM
    Your contacts will know you deleted them when they look at the buddy list. There isn't a way to prevent them from finding out if you deleted them.

A little clarification: they won't actually know they've been deleted until they try contacting you. I was deleted from a friend's BBM list a few months back (stupid drama), but she was still in my buddy list. It wasn't until I clicked on her name and the IM window opened, that a notice came up that I was not on their contact list.
    01-20-11 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD