Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted here.. but today I have a new problem.

I updated Blackberry Messenger to the new version.. After the reboot, the BBM icon disappeared. However, it is listed as installed in my list of applications.

I tried deleting and reinstalling, but no luck. I also tried "show all," but it's not hidden.

Any BB pros out there that can help?
    08-11-10 06:40 PM
    Oh wow.. So this has been an issue since last year!
    http://www.crn.com/news/client-devic...r-own-risk.htm

This problem still isn't resolved?? Has RIM really fallen so far behind Google and Apple? This is infuriating since I was once a proud BB owner and crackberry lurker.

Can anyone fix this common problem?? I appreciate the help from you BB users.. Another thing that RIM could never offer.
    08-11-10 07:08 PM
    Did u ck your selected download location? Or possibly the IM folder?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 07:10 PM
    Yeah, I checked every folder. :/
    08-11-10 07:17 PM
    ::::::Bump::::::
    08-12-10 03:33 PM
    I just had the same problem. I am so screwed. I suggested that my daughter download the newest bbm. she didn't backup and now the program is gone. I re-downloaded the app and now all of her contacts are gone. She wants to kill me. Is there anything i can do? Please help.
    08-12-10 11:46 PM
    Just happened to me on last upgrade...found icon in instant messaging folder.
    08-14-10 07:31 AM
    I'm having the exact same problem. I upgraded to OS 5.0 and then redownloaded BBM because the one supplied with OS 5.0 isn't the latest version and now it's gone. I can see it in my applications list under add-in in the options section of the menu, but the icon isn't anywhere to be found, not hidden and not in any folders.
    Did you manage to resolve this?
    PLEASE help!
    10-12-10 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD