on my friends TOUR the BBM icon won't go away. she says it's always there. any help?
    03-10-10 08:31 AM
    she must have an open conversation with someone that she didnt read a message on there. Have her delete all messages then, and if that doesnt solve her problem, just have her do a battery pull and see if that works
    03-10-10 08:35 AM
    thanks...i'll pass that along. i know i told her to reboot and she said she did and a hard reboot too....
    03-10-10 08:46 AM
    she must have an open conversation with someone that she didnt read a message on there. Have her delete all messages then, and if that doesnt solve her problem, just have her do a battery pull and see if that works
    she tried that. she doesn't want to delete BBM and reload it b/c she doesnt want to lose her contacts...
    03-10-10 09:04 AM
    You can always back up your contacts, takes 2seconds

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-10 02:36 PM
    If, by the BBM icon you mean a new message indicator...then your friend might have the BBM 5.0.0.57 phantom indicator. I had it.

To remove it, back up your contacts. Plug the bb into your PC. Open desktop manager/Backup and Restore/ Advanced. Clear the bbm database. Reload your contacts. It works!!!!

Good luck...someone else suggested the fix to me after a battery pull a day did nothing to sove the problem. I also reloaded BBM and it came back.

Try it. Hope it works for your friend.
    03-10-10 05:09 PM
    If, by the BBM icon you mean a new message indicator...then your friend might have the BBM 5.0.0.57 phantom indicator. I had it.

To remove it, back up your contacts. Plug the bb into your PC. Open desktop manager/Backup and Restore/ Advanced. Clear the bbm database. Reload your contacts. It works!!!!

Good luck...someone else suggested the fix to me after a battery pull a day did nothing to sove the problem. I also reloaded BBM and it came back.

Try it. Hope it works for your friend.

Wow! A phantom indicator? This is the first time I've heard that. I think it happens on my storm. But I know I have one of those with my SMS indicator. I've tried deleting all and marking all open and I can't figure out what it is. Sometimes its there for a day or two but not always there. Kind of odd. I've just learned to deal with it. I wonder if there is a fix for that or even if anyone has the same problem. Hmmmmmm?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD