I had a friend who changed BB's. After she switched I still had the history of the old one, which has some necessary information. However now I dont see it. Is it only available for a few days?

With another friend we've been speaking since the day I got my BB which would be Oct 2011. If I click on history for him though it only shows 2012.

Can anyone advise?
    06-17-12 05:02 AM
    For the first question, you'll find her old history under her old pin number. On your SD or internal storage it would be Blackberry->IM->"pin number"

For #2, the history has a size limit, so doing backups would be necessary to retain it all. I save mine, but never needed to go back beyond what normally is kept.
    06-17-12 08:27 AM
    For the first question, you'll find her old history under her old pin number. On your SD or internal storage it would be Blackberry->IM->"pin number"

For #2, the history has a size limit, so doing backups would be necessary to retain it all. I save mine, but never needed to go back beyond what normally is kept.
    >Blackberry->IM->"pin number

Not quite sure how to navigate to this area?

I did click on her name and history, the way I do it with others, and that didnt work. With others it does. This is indeed her old PIN btw, and I've done this in the past successfully.

How do you do history backups? I do sync my BB and PC occasionally but not sure what all gets backed up, didnt think history was a part of it. Speaking of that tho, if history does get backed can it be read on the computer? That would make it easier.
    06-18-12 07:19 AM
    I save contact history, but don't intentionally back it up. Since I do frequent backups of my SD, it is backed up anyway though.

As long as you save to your media card, you can always view the convo via Excel. On the phone you can use Docs to view it too.

Here's where to find it on the SD:

And from the device:
    06-18-12 08:21 AM
    I save contact history, but don't intentionally back it up. Since I do frequent backups of my SD, it is backed up anyway though.

As long as you save to your media card, you can always view the convo via Excel. On the phone you can use Docs to view it too.

Here's where to find it on the SD:
    Click to view quoted image

And from the device:
    Click to view quoted image

thanks a lot for this. i tried both methods.

the first one, i found the history of my new conversation with her but not the old one. it just isnt there for some reason.

in the second part, the device one you showed, there's 4 files there, each says 0 KB. when I click on them they cant be opened in the device. are we supposed to be able to open these on the BB itself or only for download to computer?
    06-24-12 12:46 AM
    Not sure why the old disappeared.

You can view the files on your phone from either storage location, but a 0kb file would contain nothing to view.
    06-24-12 03:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD