so i've never tried a bbm group before, i added a group lastnight i was at full bars and in 1 hour my battery went to the last bar.. Do BBM groups drain battery life?

The arrows in the top right corner kept going on and it was downloading something..

any ideas?
    11-29-10 09:53 AM
    When joining a group BBM can be downloading a lot of different things that could cause your battery to drain quickly. When you first join it loads all the groups pictures, calendar, chat etc...

Pictures would be the biggest culprit especially if there are a lot of them.

Constant chatter in the group as well will decrease the battery life normally too.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    11-29-10 09:58 AM
    Shao is right. I left a couple groups because they were way too active and really
    had a negative effect on my battery (9700). With the one group I am still in it has
    stabilized but these are not massively chatty people nor do they upload tons of crap.
    11-29-10 10:12 AM
    Not only can a group drain battery, but when the massive amounts of data transfer, it can slow up your BB to almost a complete freeze! I started a group and I have to make sure I have time to waste when I add members because my phone will literally freeze for about 10 minutes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-10 10:41 AM
    The biggest drain comes when a group adds or deletes new members. We tested it in one of my groups, it can be not so pretty.
    11-29-10 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD