Not sure where to post this buttttt i thought about it for a day or so..
    what is it with some people on bbm lol I don't mind talking to people but if peoples status says away or busy dont ping like 3939393 times lol or send pictures of your hairy male parts lolz. Someone should find a good place to make one of these lol =)
    10-25-11 12:09 PM
    maybe you shouldn't accept every creep out there to be your BBM buddy.
    10-25-11 12:38 PM
    Haha. I dont think accepting people is the problem. Im always happy when someone new accepts my request. The issue is definitely about respect though. Dont send what others dont ask for. My issue has always been those that are "perma-away" or busy all the time. I never know when to say hi or add them to a funny broadcast message.

And mine are always funny!
    10-25-11 12:42 PM
    I agree. Stop providing your PIN# or accepting every invite that comes your way.
    If you don't like it and came to get answers to stop it... Why are you LOL'ing so much???...

EDIT: I also noticed you're tossing your Skype addy out there like it ain't no thang...
    Last edited by MADBRADNYC; 10-25-11 at 12:53 PM.
    10-25-11 12:45 PM
    My issue has always been those that are "perma-away" or busy all the time. I never know when to say hi or add them to a funny broadcast message.

And mine are always funny!
    Ha Ha! I think people say they are away because they DON'T want you to send them a message, correct?
    I also think most will say they hate broadcast messages anyway and automatically delete them...

...If you think so...
    10-25-11 12:50 PM
    Gotta agree with others. If you don't like creeps BBMing you, don't put your PIN number in your profile. Doing so is an invitation to creeps everywhere to BBM you.
    10-25-11 12:50 PM
    Best idea. Time to change PINS by switching phones. Never should have given the PINS in the first place. Or you can delete them and then block future invites

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-11 12:56 PM
    I actually only have the OSBB team and like two other people that I don't really know.

I'd have more but I'm not above the age requirement to post my pin. So... :P

Usually I immediately Add people, Then confirm that I know them, Or want to know them.

If not, they are blocked.
    10-25-11 01:05 PM
    There are a lot of creeps on BBM. I quit giving out my PIN and quit accepting all the friend requests because at one point I had 150+ weirdos blocked. Lesson learned!
    10-25-11 01:13 PM
    I usually like to confirm with a person if they have their status as BUSY what does it mean.

as it isn't universal, some people have Busy 24/7, some rarely use it,
    IF my status is busy chances are it will be many hours till you get a response, else I will respond as quickly as I get around to it, which usually isn't long.

I have a simple Rule, if someone sends me a PING if it was not founded I'll explain that I am not at their beck and call, if we chat we chat, if not don't be too impatient, on the 3rd PING I delete. I'd say I have probably 50 or so People Blocked since 2008,

BBM is fun, and meeting new people on BBM is great, if it wasn't for BBM I'd have missed out on some great friendships, some horrible heart aches as well, but the Friendships I have made far out weight the heart aches, and for that Reason I keep my pin posted, and I continue to accept on average 2 requests a week.

(except for When CrackBerry posted my twitter on the main page wow did my BBM blow up that day!)
    10-25-11 02:50 PM
    I get you on the broadcast messages. Most people who dont like them communicate that. If they dont, cant blame the other person for not knowing. I just dont understand why some people have "busy" 24/7. Its just a quirky thing about people i suppose. People at work do the same thing with Communicator.
    10-25-11 03:52 PM
    I guess I've had better luck with BBM than most. I've only had to block one person and that's because I was just getting SPAM.

I accept all requests because I think everyone is a friend I just haven't met yet... unless proven otherwise.

That being said, add me!
    10-25-11 05:48 PM
    I hate to say this, and it is in no way "profiling" or anything of the such... I've had my PIN posted for years and really the only "bad" contacts I've had have been from the United Arab Emirates, UAE, and there have been several. For the most part people have been respectful and I don't mind adding them.
    10-26-11 06:29 AM
    or send pictures of your hairy male parts lolz. Someone should find a good place to make one of these lol =)

Umm ewww
    10-26-11 10:35 AM
    What da **** do you expect to happen when you have your BBM Pin on a public profile on the internet.....
    10-26-11 11:00 AM
    I guess I've had better luck with BBM than most. I've only had to block one person and that's because I was just getting SPAM.
    That's because you pee standing up. If you had breasts it would be different.
    pantlesspenguin and JR A like this.
    10-26-11 11:46 AM
    I will always have my PIN posted, why? Because it has some big massive iron gates at the entrance and that's the only way in
    10-26-11 12:23 PM
    I haven't dared sharing my PIN yet, for those exact reasons.
    10-26-11 12:33 PM
    I agree. Stop providing your PIN# or accepting every invite that comes your way.
    If you don't like it and came to get answers to stop it... Why are you LOL'ing so much???...

EDIT: I also noticed you're tossing your Skype addy out there like it ain't no thang...
    my skype is in my signature and i didn't post it anywhere and posting my pin does not at all mean to send me nudes (which i dont post in those places) to that its okay to repeatedly ping someone who is status set to busy....... and i dont accept everyone and i know im not the only person here who thinks its rude some of the ways people act on bbm.
    10-26-11 02:17 PM
    What da **** do you expect to happen when you have your BBM Pin on a public profile on the internet.....
    posting a pin online doesnt open up the world for people to be rude is my point that is all . the whole point wasn't about people adding me thats why you can delete it was just people being rude and not respecting what peoples status say that was all.
    10-26-11 02:20 PM
    my skype is in my signature and i didn't post it anywhere and posting my pin does not at all mean to send me nudes (which i dont post in those places) to that its okay to repeatedly ping someone who is status set to busy....... and i dont accept everyone and i know im not the only person here who thinks its rude some of the ways people act on bbm.
    What is the purpose of this post???
    Makes absolutely no sense at all. I don't get it.
    What's new about this post than the other ones???

1)Yep, your Skype is in your signature. We ALL can see that. So...???
    2)I never said you posted it anywhere. I said you are putting it out there like it aint-no-thang for over 2 million members to see. Am I lying or something???
    3)Obviously posting your PIN does not mean to send you nudes. But like with any country, city, town, community, province, or forum there are deviants. We read about them every day. So what does that mean???
    3)If you are receiving nude pics from another BBM user, you actually HAVE accepted them. There is no way out of that fact. Maybe you just don't know how BBM works???
    4)No. You're not the only one who thinks there may be rude behavior by some on BBM, OBVIOUSLY. That's why when you posted your situation several members expressed to you how to guard yourself from that, correct? Accept the advice or don't.
    ***Personally, I think you enjoy the attention. If it was such a concern, why were you LoL'ing after every sentence. When I see other members upset here, I do not normally see that behavior. And, why are you reluctant to take the advice from the same people on this site that you reached out to???***

Simple. If you don't want to receive the trash that some are putting out there...
    DO NOT SHARE YOUR PIN PUBLICLY. AND, DEFINITELY DO NOT ACCEPT REQUESTS FROM THOSE YOU DO NOT KNOW. PERIOD.

No one here (as far as I know) wants you to be subjected to that kind of treatment.
    It just seems to me that you really don't want to stop it.
    If you did, there would be no reluctance to stop placing personal info on public forums.

I hope you can find an "alternative" solution than what has already been recommended. However, I don't think there is one.

You deserve to be respected as a woman.
    10-26-11 03:58 PM
    I also think most will say they hate broadcast messages anyway and automatically delete them...

...If you think so...
    This.

Not only do I not bother to open the message, I then delete the offender. I can't stand broadcast messages no matter what they are.
    10-26-11 04:28 PM
    When you post your pin on a site where millions of people can see it you're bound to get a few creepy people. If you wanna keep posting then make it clear that you don't want any weird stuff or just completely stop posting your pin. People these days are strange, they should have a conversation like if they were talking to a person in real life. No one goes around saying hi and then pulling out their junk or asking for sex. Common sense, people. Keep it normal and polite

Also, f*ck those damn broadcast messages. They're annoying!
    10-26-11 11:09 PM
    posting a pin online doesnt open up the world for people to be rude is my point that is all . the whole point wasn't about people adding me thats why you can delete it was just people being rude and not respecting what peoples status say that was all.
    Actually, it kinda does. It doesn't make it "okay", but it does open up a world of opportunity. Publicly posting your PIN opens the door for wierdos and rude people to contact you, at first being nice and polite until you're comfortable having them in your contacts... Then BLAMMO! The games begin.

IMHO, pins should only be given to people you trust and respect implicitly. Posting your pin publicly is fine if you wish, but you just can't really be surprised by, or question, what you get.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 10-27-11 at 08:08 AM.
    10-27-11 08:06 AM
    Actually, it kinda does. It doesn't make it "okay", but it does open up a world of opportunity. Publicly posting your PIN opens the door for wierdos and rude people to contact you, at first being nice and polite until you're comfortable having them in your contacts... Then BLAMMO! The games begin.

IMHO, pins should only be given to people you trust and respect implicitly. Posting your pin publicly is fine if you wish, but you just can't really be surprised by, or question, what you get.
    I am very much glad the rest of the world doesn't view PIN's like you do

I love the PIN because I can post it, and when I buy a new device I have complete control if I chose to post it again based on my previous experience, I can block users I can delete users, and really the change is seemless to those who I chose to keep, unlike changing a phone number, or email address.

I was very fortunate due to my public posting of my PIN to having a Director of IT for a company add me to BBM to discuss an idea I had posted, I am very happy that soon there will be an App addition that will greatly benefit me because of my Public PIN posting,

Now I do agree posting your PIN does open you to rude/crude comments, and it seems people behind the mask of anonymity feel more compelled to be rude than they are in public settings, but you hear/See rude distasteful behavior where ever you go.
    10-27-11 09:50 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD