ok, i have a Bold-9000, and my girlfriend has a Curve 8310....the problem is that i have 9 emoticons on my Bold that aren't on the Curve, so when we BBM each other and i use one of thos 9 it comes to her as the actual symbols verses the emoticon face and adds confusion to the convo....is there a cure for this problem...if so can someone PLEASE help me cuz its starting to **** me off!!!

anybody know how i could put those same emoticons on her Curve?
    Last edited by Propa; 05-27-09 at 09:27 PM.
    05-27-09 09:21 PM
    uhmm that's interesting... i'd like to know as well.. thx
    05-27-09 09:28 PM
    Compare which version of the OS you are each on - more specifically the version of BBM. The chances are, she is on a much lower version. Depending on how much higher you are. Determines whether she can upgrade and fix the problem.

In the meantime, take it easy on yourself and only use the ones she has.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by mattbrown; 05-27-09 at 09:32 PM.
    05-27-09 09:29 PM
    Compare which version of the OS you are each on - more specifically the version of BBM. The chances are, she is on a much lower version. Depending on how much higher you are. Determines whether she can upgrade and fix the problem.

In the meantime, take it easy on yourself and only use the ones she has.

ok, i'll try to up her OS, i think she on 4.5.0.110 and i got 4.6.0.167, is there a way to get my OS on her Curve?
    05-27-09 09:44 PM
    is there a way to get my OS on her Curve?
    No.

</fill>
    05-27-09 09:46 PM
    ok, i'll try to up her OS, i think she on 4.5.0.110 and i got 4.6.0.167, is there a way to get my OS on her Curve?
    Your OS is made for the Bold hers for the Curve. U have to find the newest OS for her device.
    05-27-09 09:47 PM
    No, the curve does not currently support (nor will it ever(they wouldn't sell as many devices)) that version.

05-27-09 09:52 PM
    I'm not familiar with the process, but apparently you can "share" your BBM symbols with your GF's BB:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f51/let...symbols-70820/

Instructions are on post #70.
    Last edited by xliderider; 05-27-09 at 10:11 PM.
    05-27-09 09:53 PM
    ok, i have a Bold-9000, and my girlfriend has a Curve 8310....the problem is that i have 9 emoticons on my Bold that aren't on the Curve, so when we BBM each other and i use one of thos 9 it comes to her as the actual symbols verses the emoticon face and adds confusion to the convo....is there a cure for this problem...if so can someone PLEASE help me cuz its starting to **** me off!!!

anybody know how i could put those same emoticons on her Curve?
    Even if you update her device OS it will still not give her the same emoticons as your device has. Unless she plans to get a Bold I would just stop using those 9 emoticons if it is causing that much confusion. Now you guys could get the app Berricons but you can't use it with BBM, just in text messages.

Berricons - TEXT Emoticons for BlackBerry - Communication & Internet BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    05-27-09 10:05 PM
    The curve may see an OS upgrade in the future, but till rim releases it, you'll have to stop using those emoticons

05-27-09 11:51 PM
    I have the same issues with my GF's pearl
    06-24-09 05:49 PM
    I have the same issues with my GF's pearl
    Read the posts above.
    06-24-09 08:14 PM
    Or u can use yahoo google or aim and forget bbm

06-24-09 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD