Hers my problem I can't bet bbm to restore contact list through email, i have tried everything, delete bbm, reinstall, wipe bb, reinstall os you name it i've done it. So I was playing around trying things and 1 thing i noticed was if i send my self an email from my bb it doesn't come through it shows up on my gmail, my iphone but not on my bb. Any ideas on why this is so, I can't figure it out for the life of me it worked 2 days ago and now not at all, i switched from a 9700 to 9800 updated os to .337 and now can't get this stuff to work.
    12-15-10 09:24 AM
    oh ya the sent message shows up on my just not the new email.
    , even if i send it from gmail on my comp to myself it will show up every as a new message but my blackberry. What am i missing here.
    12-15-10 09:26 AM
    There are several older threads about how to stop emails I send from gmail to show on my BB. It's just a matter of logging in to your carriers BIS site and setting up a filter.

If you have never done this(even on your older BB) then they should come automatically. I backup my contacts to my SD card, have never used the mail option. So I cant say for sure.
    12-15-10 09:32 AM
    all bbm says is checking email status so for some reason the email isn't coming through to me.
    12-15-10 09:32 AM
    just reading on blackberry support forums that there is a few people experiencing bbm not being able to restore contact list after they update there os or switch to a new device can anyone else confirm if this is working or not for them.
    12-15-10 09:41 AM
    12-15-10 09:42 AM
    Ive upgraded/reinstalled my OS at least 15 or so times by now, and my contacts always come back. I also backup to my SD card and not my email.
    12-15-10 09:44 AM
    I never backeed up to my sd as I have never had a problem with contact restore by email. Ive updated tons of times on different blackberries and never had a problem till the yesterday.
    12-15-10 09:47 AM
    I had an issue with my BBM contacts after purchasing the 9800...my contacts had there avatars there but I couldn't send them messages....I had to reinvite all my contacts and log into my BIS account to switch device pins just to get everything functioning properly.
    12-15-10 10:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD