why would my BBM not always work? in other words sometimes it will work and go right through to my contact im talking to (shows the D or R for delivered or received) but sometimes (and unfortunately too often) it just shows nothing and my
    02-04-09 09:48 AM
    why would my BBM not always work? in other words sometimes it will work and go right through to my contact im talking to (shows the D or R for delivered or received) but sometimes (and unfortunately too often) it just shows nothing and my
    My wife and I use BBM all the time. We even used it when she went to Germany to visit her parents in Muenchen. Matter-a-fact, we used BBM more than we ever spoke on the phone because of the LD Rates.

Okay that said and to answer your question.
    1) When my wife was on the phone, major delay until I saw the D when sending a msg. When she hung up BBM would eventually deliver the msg.

2) When she was in a subway (no service) delay in delivery. But when she came topside again, eventually the msg was delivered.

3) When she was in an area with a weak signal, there's a delay in Delivery. But eventually she will get the BBM and i will get a D

4) There are other times (and not sure when or why they occur) that it does take a few seconds or even 1-2 minutes before the BBM is Delivered. I have not figured it out but eventually the BBM is always delivered but sometimes too late.

5) I have seen that if she is checking her mail and there is a lot of DATA (arrows) going back and forth, there is a delay too when the BBM is Delivered.

Hope this helps. I'm on the Sprint network but most of the time the BBM is always Delivered. The funny thing is sometimes we would be BBM'ing back and forth and then all of a sudden, my msg would not get Delivered. Eventually I would get a D, but I would chalk it up to her getting a phone call or going in to a dead zone or some heavy data use just occured - like e-mail delivery or something.
    Last edited by RazorV; 02-04-09 at 10:12 AM.
    02-04-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD