My company Blackberry 9900 disabled my BBM 'This Application has been disabled by IT policy. I've read a few forums about how to fix it but I can't risk screwing up my phone.

Ideally, if there is someone in Toronto who can do it for me that would be great and I would pay a small fee for that.

[email protected]
    06-27-12 10:50 PM
    Well if your company disabled it, I'm assuming they don't want you using BBM.......
    06-27-12 10:58 PM
    Gotta talk to your IT group
    06-27-12 11:00 PM
    if your company disabled it, its because they dont want you using it. if you remove your IT policy, you wont be able to get your company emails, and chances are, your company will notice the PIN isnt on their system anymore. or, the system will see something it wrong and resend the IT policy to the phone.

my advice is dont mess with it as you are risking getting fired for doing so. most places have clauses in employment contracts that people like you dont read that state you wont mess with employers stuff.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-12 01:43 AM
    They blocked it because it does not pertain to your job, I am assuming. No way around this without pissing your company off. And, in this economy, that isn't a very good idea.
    06-30-12 09:22 AM
    Ask the folks at IT. I never see why it is disabled as it's a great way to message people even when roaming, plus it's faster than text. But they must have their reasons. Don't disable it without their permission though, or you'll probably be fired... Never good.
    06-30-12 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD