When I bought my BB I understood that bbm worked with all blackberry's and and all networks no matter where it is in the world? Can you only bbm the same network? I have tried to ad my father who is on a network in ireland and im here on verizon, and no luck. Anyone know whats going on? or it simply doesnt work?
    01-20-10 02:29 PM
    if your just trying to add him via pin, try his phone number and see if it goes through, sometimes they are fickle.
    01-20-10 02:41 PM
    ok like his number with country code etc? so it should work cross networks and overseas then?
    01-20-10 04:37 PM
    You need either his pin or an email address that's set up on his phone.
    01-20-10 04:42 PM
    i entered his pin and he entered m mine they say pending on both sides and none of us got invites?
    01-20-10 04:47 PM
    Do you both have a blackberry data plan? I BBM with my friends in Paris & London without a problem.
    01-20-10 05:53 PM
    I can tell you I have BBM'd from USA (ATT) to Colombia, Costa Rica, Canada and England (London) and back again. No troubles either way (except lately to Canada on the new Telus HSPDA network). Try the email addresses if the PIN's dont work. There should be no problem talking to anyone who has a Blackberry has been my experience
    01-20-10 07:39 PM
    if your just trying to add him via pin, try his phone number and see if it goes through, sometimes they are fickle.
    there is only email pin and barcode option.
    01-21-10 03:50 AM
    i entered his pin and he entered m mine they say pending on both sides and none of us got invites?
    From past experience, when i try to add someone and they try to add me at the same time, it stays pending... Try to delete the requests, then one of you try add the other and wait until the request comes thru to accept it.
    01-21-10 07:17 AM
    hmm still not working i bought both my mom and dad one when home in ireland so we could bbm but so far not working..
    01-21-10 07:21 PM
    Does this cost extra? Or is this leveraging Blackberry Networks?
    04-06-10 08:07 AM
    It shouldn't cost extra as long as both sides have a data plan, NellyG.

OP, if this hasn't yet been solved, are you sure that both sides (you and your parents) have BlackBerry data plans (or the equivalent to that in Ireland)?
    Last edited by cdowner; 04-06-10 at 08:25 AM.
    04-06-10 08:23 AM
    It shouldn't cost extra as long as both sides have a data plan, NellyG.

OP, if this hasn't yet been solved, are you sure that both sides (you and your parents) have BlackBerry data plans (or the equivalent to that in Ireland)?
    I think that the person that had issues was a different one. I just tried it today and it worked like a champ. I was just concerned with any extra hidden rates.

Thank you for the confirmation.
    04-06-10 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD