Help! Want to know if the BBM conversations are stored or can be accessed anywhere? If so - where?
    08-06-09 10:44 AM
    unless you have bbm5, bbm conversations are not saved
    08-09-09 01:44 PM
    hi i have 5.0 where are they saved? and how can i access to them? thank you
    08-10-09 11:21 AM
    i have a similar issue i accidently saved a convo on BBM 5 and now i dont know where it is! anyone know?
    08-21-09 08:26 AM
    I copied a conversation on purpose to see if I could find it. No luck yet. I can paste it but can't find the "clipboard" it says it saved it to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 12:43 PM
    You can archive the conversations to your memory card or device, and then review them through View History. You have to set it up to save it that way though.

In BBM:

Menu > Options

Scroll all the way down to the Miscellaneous section. Third option is "Save Message History"
    08-04-10 12:50 PM
    Yes but where does it go when you "copy chat". It says "copy to clipboard". But I can't find any temp files anywhere.

08-04-10 07:46 PM
    Yes but where does it go when you "copy chat". It says "copy to clipboard". But I can't find any temp files anywhere.

If you are IN a chat and want to COPY CHAT, you need to hit the COPY CHAT option and PASTE the chat to memopad and save it or to Docs to go.

If you want to, you can EMAIL the chat to yourself. Remember, BBM will only send what appears...that is, if you don't save a chat every so often, it is lost.You can't start talking at 6 am and at 8 pm expect all day's chat to be there, lol.

UNLESS you use the OPTIONS/SAVE CHAT HISTORY feature that you asked about.

Now that saves the chat here:
    media/explore/Blackberry/IM/pinnumber (yours)/History/Pin# of contact you want to see convo of/ and the resulting file will be a .csv file that can't be read on your bb

I believe you have to off-load it to excel to read it....csv
    Actually, somewhere on these boards, in the archives, there is a small app that a crackberrian created that allows you to read the contents of those saved history files. I have no idea how to read them otherwise...

I have ABC Amber Blackberry Converter. Maybe that would do it? I will have to try that when I get home as I have chat histories saved on my card as well. They get a bit unweildy after a while tho, the more contacts you have...

Does this get anyone started on some ideas?
    Can anyone else add to this and help us out?

Where DO those convos go?
    Undenied likes this.
    08-05-10 12:17 PM
    When you save a bbm conversation it gets stored onto your clipboard- go into documents- create a new document - bb button- hit paste and your conversation will come up. Save it and it will be saved in your documents!
    11-19-12 08:14 PM
    Great work at reviving a 3 year old dead thread.
    11-20-12 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD