So when I got my new 9700 last week, I did a device transfer data from the Desktop Manager from my 8300 Curve into my Bold 9700. All my BBM contacts are intact with all my messages, notes etc. Thought that was sweet and didn't need to re-enter everything.

Since I've updated my phone and received a new PIN, do I have to re-add each and every BBM contact or will they see me since I already imported them into my device? They can't BBM me but if I BBM them, they will receive the message.

Help? Thanks CB folks!
    11-25-09 12:19 PM
    If you used the device switch wizard you don't need to toi anything alse as far as your BBM contacts go. I always send someone a test message to make sure everything is ok.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 12:32 PM
    If you used the device switch wizard you don't need to toi anything alse as far as your BBM contacts go. I always send someone a test message to make sure everything is ok.

But then I have 40 BBM contacts and I don't really feel like msging all 40 of them lol
    11-25-09 12:37 PM
    hahaha... ya I have 187 :P

you can do a broadcast, if you are running BBM 5.0
    11-25-09 12:43 PM
    But then I have 40 BBM contacts and I don't really feel like msging all 40 of them lol
    I have 79 and I only send one person a test message which is suffice.

11-25-09 12:51 PM

LOL good lord!

Yea I'm on OS 5.0 so I'll send a broadcast msg then. Maybe it's a good time to delete some contacts I don't really speak with anymore anyway
    11-25-09 12:53 PM
    Don't worry, your device should have automatically updated all your contacts on BBM when the database got transferred. The only thing that's not automatically updated is if someone had manually stored your PIN in their address book for PIN messaging. (I almost never use direct PIN messaging, so not a problem for me)
    11-25-09 01:14 PM

Which number am I Clint? 186? LOL
    11-25-09 01:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD