I'm looking to get some advice on switching between two devices here and there and maintaining my BBM contacts without having to re-add them all.

I have a Torch 9800 that I use primarily, but I sometimes miss the simplicity of the 9650 - and it being unlocked and loaded with the proper service books, I just pop my AT&T SIM in and once it registers on the network, I automatically get a message saying "It looks like you're using a new BlackBerry device" and reminds me to re-activate my email accounts. This all works fine and dandy, however; since I have remote backup enabled for my BBM contact list to my email address, I can easily restore the contacts on the 9650 and hope that it automatically notifies the contacts of the change so I don't have to re-add them. What I'm worried about is switching back to the Torch. Since the Torch already has those contacts listed, won't I not be able to do a restore (and therefor, it automatically notify the contacts of the switch back) because it technically doesn't see any changes to the list? Or would I have to delete those BBM contacts on the Torch before re-registering the email account on the phone and try to restore the BBM contact list from a clean slate?

Bottom line - I'm worried that if I restore the contacts onto the 9650 and that works properly, that I won't be able to restore them back onto the 9800 automatically because they will still be in there from before the switch...

Sorry if this is really confusing/I'm making it a bigger deal than it really is, haha.

Thanks in advance!
    08-22-11 03:06 PM
    have 2 separate accounts.
    Just let them know that you are the same person.
    08-22-11 03:09 PM
    Yeah, but I was kind of hoping to avoid that because they'll never know which one to use. I can picture someone sending a message, seeing it check mark, put their phone away. Little do they know it doesn't deliver and they have to send it again to my other contact. Kind of annoying for them (and makes me look ridiculous for having 2 phones, haha).
    08-22-11 03:14 PM
    Anyone found a solution for this? Im in the same situation
    12-08-11 06:29 PM
    with remote backup, it should start the restoring process within a few minutes of the phone being booted up. i swapped back and forth between my 9800 and my 9700 a few times in one hour once and BBM seamlessly restored once service books and emails were registered again. its a pain in the **** to do, and i dont recommend it. somewhere along the line BBM will fail to restore and you will be stuck. i dont switch devices like that anymore on the fly. its not worth the hassle.
    12-10-11 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD