I wanna know if a very personal messege in bbm will be saved on recievers end if I delete them as conatct??? Please help
    12-07-10 02:05 PM
    i am 99.9% sure it will still be on their phone. In fact you might even remain a contact on there phone actually
    12-07-10 02:07 PM
    If you delete a contact, that should delete the history and remove you from their BBM contact list.

I can't say if it will delete you from their main device contact list or not, however, but BBM message history and your contact info on BBM should delete automatically immediately when you delete them.

Now, if they saved it to a memopad message or something like that, they will still have it, but if it is just on their BBM it'll go away.

And be careful in the future what you send people. Also, if either of you have BES, there's a chance the company hosting the BES account could still have a record of it if they monitor it.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 12-07-10 at 02:28 PM.
    12-07-10 02:24 PM
    I wanna know if a very personal messege in bbm will be saved on recievers end if I delete them as conatct??? Please help
    Yes

I just looked and I have saved chats from some contacts I don't even remember, even from some old PIN's that I haven't used in a while. If they have their chat history set to save then they can view all that stuff. They are all in a csv file format (Excel). I didn't try to view them from my phone but after hooking up to the computer they are all there. Open these files from the Excel To Go app will bring them up...

Here's the file path to get to them: Media Card> BlackBerry> IM> BBM> Then each PIN you've had will be in a different file, once there each contact has their own Excel spreadsheet.
    pristineh likes this.
    12-07-10 02:42 PM
    Yes

I just looked and I have saved chats from some contacts I don't even remember, even from some old PIN's that I haven't used in a while. If they have their chat history set to save then they can view all that stuff. They are all in a csv file format (Excel). I didn't try to view them from my phone but after hooking up to the computer they are all there. Open these files from the Excel To Go app will bring them up...

Here's the file path to get to them: Media Card> BlackBerry> IM> BBM> Then each PIN you've had will be in a different file, once there each contact has their own Excel spreadsheet.
    Looks like I was mistaken on that part and this is correct, I never wiped my old BB and went back to check and it appears to be the case.

At any rate there's nothing you can do about it either way. Just learn from it and don't ever write anything or put anything on any form of electronic media that you wouldn't want on the front page of the paper (including account numbers, risque conversations, etc), because once it's out there it could be out there forever...
    12-07-10 02:56 PM
    I think all of the above posts are correct, but you might have a very small chance that it's not there any more if the receiver has their BBM chat storage settings as something other than "Keep Forever" (althought that might only apply to BBM Groups) or if they possibly have their Save Message History setting as "Off" as opposed to Save On Device or Media Card.
    12-07-10 03:10 PM
    I think all of the above posts are correct, but you might have a very small chance that it's not there any more if the receiver has their BBM chat storage settings as something other than "Keep Forever" (althought that might only apply to BBM Groups) or if they possibly have their Save Message History setting as "Off" as opposed to Save On Device or Media Card.
    All good points except for the stuff in bold. There is no setting for the length of time to save chats. That setting for Groups you're thinking of is having the actual chats be viewable in the group for a set amount of time. So if you have it set to "Keep Forever" whenever you open the group chat all the discussions will be able to be seen.

When you actually have the "Save Chat History" set to "On" it will keep the messages forever. There's no way to have it save just for a specific period of time.
    12-07-10 03:17 PM
    I need help with this too! So let me get this straight, all bbm conversations are saved on both phones (the sender and the recipient) and they are only not kept if the settings on both phones are set to "not save messages" or whatever the terms are. But if I delete that contact will they still have access to our previous conversations? Also once you delete a contact is there still an oppurtunity for them to add you again and keep messaging you?
    Thanks guys,
    Please help? It will do me a lot of good and save so much stress!!!
    12-28-10 08:10 AM
    Interesting question! Thanks for the replies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:16 AM
    Do be careful about what you type. As posted above it can be saved by the receiver or a screen shot can be saved for future use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-10 08:23 AM
    By default, BBM messages are not saved.

You actually have to go into BBM settings and select a location for BBM to save messages (internal memory or CD card). Once you turn on message saving, they are put into a CSV file, which is perpetually added to. Each person you chat with has their own file. The filename will be their PIN.

If you add SMS contacts to BBM, those messages will also be saved, but the filename will be a transitioned phone number (a long integer saved as an integer without conversion).

So, if the person didn't turn on message saving, then they probably don't have a copy. If they did turn it on, then there is nothing you can do about that, especially if they saved to SD card.
    12-28-10 08:39 AM
    The only thing that absolutely is deleted is the open conversation you were having with the contact. That's it. Otherwise, if they had convos set to save, the transaction will be saved on their SD card as the others have described.
    12-28-10 08:48 AM
    I personally save all my BBM messages and text messages for just in case purposes....so if that person thinks like me then he/she still has them....its possible
    12-28-10 09:59 AM
    I was the person being deleted so don't worry all the conv. Are deleted but the contect still remains on my cantact list bc I had the phone number...my Q is does the conv. Be saved on the person deleted phone ??
    11-25-13 12:11 AM
    I have an iphone 6 with bbm on it.
    I have the save chat history on which saves all the conversations. my question is if I deleted the contact and readded will the chat history go away or no

thx
    11-01-14 03:02 AM
    When BBM chat history is saved....what format does it get saved in and does that format reflect the BBM pins of both parties involved in the chat even if one party is no longer using BBM facility on his phone?
    01-05-16 03:05 AM
    is it possible to make changes in this excel sheet?? also does it reflect the BBM PINS of both parties concerned?

was the 'save chat history' option available in 2010-2011 (on BBM phones) also is that option available in BBM app as well?
    01-05-16 03:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD