I just upgraded to the latest BBM 3 days ago, and now in the middle of any long chat, a white error screen shows up and the phone reboots!!!

any ideas?
    08-30-09 09:35 PM
    update your OS?

which version of BBM do you have?

***yinzer alert!!!***
    08-30-09 10:08 PM
    update your OS?

which version of BBM do you have?

***yinzer alert!!!***
    I have BBM 4.7.0

I'm afraid I can't change the OS as .75 holds EDGE the most on AT&T.

Any thoughts?
    08-30-09 10:54 PM
    well it's not BBM, it's .75 that's causing the reboots/freezing...i'd say you're at a point where you're gonna have to make a choice:

device stability or network connectivity...

honestly, i don't use GSM, so how much of a difference is .75 vs say .148 connection wise? quantify it for me so i can apply the scenario to my use...

"i can't get EDGE connection approx 75% of the time, i only get edge" or something like that...
    08-30-09 10:59 PM
    I only tried .151 and EDGE-wise it was not very good, I barely even saw EDGE.

I haven't tried any other OS, now I barely get any sudden reboots like this.

Not sure what to do here.

I know that there are about tens of posts on OS's no AT&T but almost all recommend .75 and I couldn't find an alternative.
    08-31-09 12:28 AM
    maybe go into the storm "how to" forums, or the OS forums and ask around about EDGE and OS opinions?
    08-31-09 12:29 AM
    maybe go into the storm "how to" forums, or the OS forums and ask around about EDGE and OS opinions?
    I did that and that's how I ended-up with .75
    08-31-09 12:31 AM
    well i'm sure there is something more stable with at least the same radio capabilities...espeicall with the swap-a-radio and stuff that's going on...have you checked again recently?
    08-31-09 12:40 AM
    well i'm sure there is something more stable with at least the same radio capabilities...espeicall with the swap-a-radio and stuff that's going on...have you checked again recently?
    I'll try to, the only thing is that I'm noticing that the attitudes of users in this forum is getting nastier!!! Whenever someone asks a question, the answers is usually READ!

Thanks a lot for your responses Patches152
    08-31-09 01:01 AM
    gotta be cool to the yinzer so i can come party with y'nz when i come to watch the stillerz and the panthers this year!

we'll hit the O, fuel and fuddle, hemmingways, dave and andy's....all the good spots!

i'm prolly gonna start taking summer trips back east to watch baseball once i'm working regularly again, i gotta come see pitt's new field, heard its a good one...way better than the mets' new digs anyway
    08-31-09 01:04 AM
    gotta be cool to the yinzer so i can come party with y'nz when i come to watch the stillerz and the panthers this year!

we'll hit the O, fuel and fuddle, hemmingways, dave and andy's....all the good spots!

i'm prolly gonna start taking summer trips back east to watch baseball once i'm working regularly again, i gotta come see pitt's new field, heard its a good one...way better than the mets' new digs anyway
    Hmmmmm! you speak Pittsburghese too!!!! how you now so much about the Burgh?
    08-31-09 01:45 AM
    friend went to pitt for 4 years, i visited as often as i could, and soaked it up as fast as possible. what a great city.

i thought we've had this convo before...
    08-31-09 01:51 AM
    gawd, i'm drooling thinking about some O-dogs, buffalo chicken pizza and sweet potato fries from fuel and fuddle, and birthday cake ice cream from dave and andy's (i think that's the name of the ice cream place, it's been awhile now)
    08-31-09 01:52 AM
    No love for th Primanti Bros.?
    08-31-09 02:05 AM
    i can't do the slaw on the sandwiches, it's not my style...i am all about the rest of it though. and that place is my kinda hole in the wall!

my fav, FAVORITE! is still del pizzo's...i've never eaten that well ever in my life, it was like being at a huge italian family dinner...omfg...

and quaker's wings were damn good...i went for a week my freshman year of college to watch my friend who had knee surgery, and i ate hot wings almost every day, a new spot every time. i'm SOOOO in love with pitt's wing joints...and i'm told there are better in other cities....so besides my baseball tour, i'll have to do an "ultimate wing spot" tour of the U.S.

lol! man, i'm hungry all of a sudden
    08-31-09 02:10 AM
    me too, LOL

Well thats why its the "City of Champions"
    08-31-09 02:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD