Question regarding blackberry messaging between Canadian users and Australia. Seems too good to be true to be able to BBM someone for free on the otherside of the world for free. Is this true?? Is BBM usage free for all blackberry users worldwide? What about picture sending via BBM? What about voice notes via BBM?

Please leave me some feedback. I am located in Saskatchewan Canada and he is located in Adeliade Australia. I'm just curious! HELP!
    02-13-11 11:46 PM
    Question regarding blackberry messaging between Canadian users and Australia. Seems too good to be true to be able to BBM someone for free on the otherside of the world for free. Is this true?? Is BBM usage free for all blackberry users worldwide? What about picture sending via BBM? What about voice notes via BBM?

Please leave me some feedback. I am located in Saskatchewan Canada and he is located in Adeliade Australia. I'm just curious! HELP!
    free it is.. thing is you need to have a blackberry data plan for that to happen so initially you're still paying for the service... but once you have a blackberry data plan on your berries... bbm is yours to use as much or as little as you want.. you can send pictures, voice notes, msg each other all day long without going over your minutes because essentially you dont use minutes.. i recommend getting an unlimited data plan

hope that helps
    ChristineAppl likes this.
    02-14-11 12:05 AM
    I am currently on an unlimited data plan. His plan offered thru the Australian phone service is 2G/month. The BBM just seemed too good to be true and I wanted to ask more people.

So BBM messaging is free...but once you start exchanging pictures and voice messaging this is when you run into the data usage? Correct?
    02-14-11 12:08 AM
    I have BBM friends around the world. I have not had any issues sending pictures to any of them. My data plan is unlimited. My friends have various plans, but none of them have ever told me about issues with billing due to me sending pictures to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-11 12:14 AM
    I am currently on an unlimited data plan. His plan offered thru the Australian phone service is 2G/month. The BBM just seemed too good to be true and I wanted to ask more people.

So BBM messaging is free...but once you start exchanging pictures and voice messaging this is when you run into the data usage? Correct?
    unlimited should have no problems... 2G? Im assuming you meant 2GB? thats more than enough. sending pictures and voice notes dont run up huge data bills unless you're roaming
    02-14-11 12:22 AM
    Yes, 2GB. Thanks...really appreciate this.
    I have had my blackberry for near 2 years now and this is just all new to me.
    Thanks again.
    02-14-11 12:25 AM

Woo! Sasktel/Saskatchewan!! :P I always love seeing someone from where I live and on the same Provider as me.

As for your questions, everyone else answered them. I just wanted to post because of the reason I stated above. Haha.
    02-14-11 08:14 AM
    Its not too good to be true. BBM has cut my international texts to 0 (along with Yahoo and Google Messanger). Its how I communicate with all of my friends back home in Australia (those that have BB's anyway).

02-14-11 10:23 AM
    FYI. 2GB on a BB is plenty.

02-14-11 10:23 AM
    I hope this is the right forum, it's just that "Adelaide & bbm" caught my attention: I believe bbm is by far the most significant reason to buy a BB. Flat rate bbm etc., Plus the magic of knowing that your message has been delivered and read is something no other vendor can offer.

My wife and I will be in Adelaide & Darwin for a month soon, our daughter is on exchange at UniBocconi in Italy. We communicate almost daily from Mississauga Canada.

What is the best way (read cheapest) to maintain bbm while in Adelaide? SIM in a Curve? We now have BB 8350i's iDen, which started, but never took off in Australia. Would be quite willing to buy a second hand BB on graigslist etc. for temporary use.

Any suggestions from across the pond would be much appreciated.
    03-06-11 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD