Hello Fellow BBM users!

first some info:

Mobile: Blackberry Bold 9700
    Platform: 5.1.0.147
    BBM: 5.0.1.41
    Carrier: T-mobile Netherlands

When i broadcast a group of ppl. (for example: Mystic group (88 people))
    not all of the contacts will get my message. i only see 13 ppl that recieved my broadcast. how is this possible??

some facts:
    It happends with all the BBM versions! and other groups is also not working :S

please help!
    10-30-10 02:18 PM
    What do you mean not all of the contacts will receive your broadcast?
    Maybe some of them are no longer contacts?
    Some of them are offline and the D doesn't change to an R? Is that what you mean? Do you check to send to all 88 of them at one time? I'm not sure what the limit is to send a broadcast at one time to one group of people.
    11-02-10 12:23 PM
    Hello Jaydee,

when you start a chat, contacts show in the CHATS tab.
    but when i broadcast ppl.. i dont see those people back in th CHATS tab.
    when i broadcast i do the CHECK ALL at the screen. maybe thats the problem?

i know they are all cotacts cause i check regulary
    just typ something and check if they reply and they all do.

thanks in advance!
    11-04-10 09:26 AM
    Hello Jaydee,

when you start a chat, contacts show in the CHATS tab.
    but when i broadcast ppl.. i dont see those people back in th CHATS tab.
    when i broadcast i do the CHECK ALL at the screen. maybe thats the problem?

i know they are all cotacts cause i check regulary
    just typ something and check if they reply and they all do.

thanks in advance!
    No, I see what you're saying. But let me tell you...BBM USED to open ALL your contacts and show your broadcast in the chat window. But when I send a broadcast it doesn't open all my windows anymore either. I didn't consider it a problem. I just assumed the broadcast went to those people anyway but maybe not. So you say you send it to 88 people but not all 88 windows open, right?

If you want to send to all your contacts, you compose the message and check ALL in the SEND TO box...that is correct!

Now you got me thinking....hmmmmm
    11-04-10 10:04 AM
    No, I see what you're saying. But let me tell you...BBM USED to open ALL your contacts and show your broadcast in the chat window. But when I send a broadcast it doesn't open all my windows anymore either. I didn't consider it a problem. I just assumed the broadcast went to those people anyway but maybe not. So you say you send it to 88 people but not all 88 windows open, right?

If you want to send to all your contacts, you compose the message and check ALL in the SEND TO box...that is correct!

Now you got me thinking....hmmmmm
    You are absolutley correct... It wont open a new window for everyone... It will only show in the windows that you have current chats with. If you go into your BBM and it says "Chats (13)" and then below it says Contacts (88) and you broadcast a message to "all", it will go to all, but its not going to open a chat window for the remaing 75 people..
    11-04-10 12:56 PM
    Ah ok! So I am NOT losing my mind. Thanks for that confirmation of the operation of broadcasts!

So they are going out to all. But a new window doesn't open unless you already have a convo open. Gotcha.
    11-04-10 01:08 PM
    Anyone try sending a bbm broadcast on the Z10? Unless its done differently, I can't seem to find the option to select all my contacts with one click!
    This is gonna be a major headache if that option has been removed.
    02-07-13 01:51 PM
    hi is there a way to bbm broadcast to all by category as i have my bbm contacts setup by category and my new q10 is not giving me an option to select category to broadcast to i can only select all
    06-05-13 10:23 PM
    hi is there a way to bbm broadcast to all by category as i have my bbm contacts setup by category and my new q10 is not giving me an option to select category to broadcast to i can only select all
    So hurting bro, having same ****.... damn Q10 and all the ******* BlackBerry 10, it's junk
    10-09-13 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD