I know this is a silly question, is BBM part of at&t text message plan or is it considered part of the data plan?
    02-11-09 04:49 PM
    Should be data.
    02-11-09 04:50 PM
    Data no matter the device.
    02-11-09 04:55 PM
    It's part of the data plan. If you have any data plan whatsoever, you can use BBM.

The only reason I know this is because I created a topic which is now on like page 4 about Blackberry Messenger.

Chris

PS - If there is one thing I learned really quick from posting on here, it's that you should always, always, ALWAYS try the Search feature first.
    02-11-09 04:56 PM
    thanks for the replies i was just wondering because i was reading the text messaging plan on at&t and it said "includes IM" thanks again guys
    02-11-09 05:00 PM
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I was going through all of the options when ordering my BOLD.

So don't feel bad!

Chris
    02-11-09 05:03 PM
    the wifi also can only be used with the data plan
    02-11-09 05:24 PM
    ORLY?

I had no idea...

Chris
    02-11-09 05:26 PM
    You must have a data plan for the push email and BBM service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 05:34 PM
    Good thing I added the Unlimited Data Plan to my account.

I figured E-Mail needed it, but I wasn't originally aware of BBM requiring it.

Chris
    02-11-09 05:42 PM
    If you have any data plan whatsoever, you can use BBM.

Not true. You need a Blackberry data plan to access Blackberry specific programs, such as BBM, BBBrowser, etc.

Some carriers (TMobile, I believe) offer an email-only data plan that you can use for email, web via Opera Mini or Bolt, but you can not access any BB specific apps.
    02-11-09 06:10 PM
    Sorry, I should have rephrased that to "any BB data plan".

My bad.

Chris
    02-11-09 06:11 PM

Not true. You need a Blackberry data plan to access Blackberry specific programs, such as BBM, BBBrowser, etc.

Some carriers (TMobile, I believe) offer an email-only data plan that you can use for email, web via Opera Mini or Bolt, but you can not access any BB specific apps.
    T-Mobile took that one down, as well as the Minutes and Mail plan Both good deals.
    02-11-09 07:51 PM
    thanks for the replies i was just wondering because i was reading the text messaging plan on at&t and it said "includes IM" thanks again guys
    I think they include that for non-smartphones (and maybe certain apps on smartphones) as the IM clients for those phones (and apps) use text messages for messaging.
    02-11-09 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD