Is it just me who gets annoyed when, in the BBM, while typing a message, if you accidentally happen to press "shift+delete" (it happens more than often with me), it deletes the whole damn message which you have so meticulously typed.
    Searched the forums, but didn't find a single thread pertaining to this issue. So apparently, it seems that it's just me who is getting bothered with this annoying feature. Is there a way to turn it off? BTW: I am on OS .294 and BBM 5.0.1.41.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-11 10:45 PM
    Yup, happens to me also...
    03-05-11 10:52 PM
    Same thing happening to me. Might be worth doing a poll about this one on the homepage.

For one, it's not a totally intuitive thing to know. So for two, when it happens, it's like what the heck did I just do?! Has messed me up accidentally quite a few times.
    03-05-11 11:02 PM
    This started happening to me about a month ago after I did an OS upgrade. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what I was doing to delete the typed text. After it happening more than a few times I was able to figure it out. Not sure why this has been a recent issue for me so I just figured it was something to do with the OS upgrade...before this I've used my BBM for over 2 years and never had it happen. Whatever the case, it is annoying.
    03-05-11 11:05 PM
    Ya, totally happens to me a lot as well. it's rather annoying at times.
    03-05-11 11:13 PM
    Yeah its not a bug. Its a shortcut for 'clear field'. So see what u type and make sure you dont do that again!!:P
    03-06-11 12:12 AM
    Its annoying, but good to know. I have typed out some messages that I decide not to send, and that beats pressing delete a bunch of times to clear the text.

03-06-11 12:17 AM
    Its annoying, but good to know. I have typed out some messages that I decide not to send, and that beats pressing delete a bunch of times to clear the text.
    Next time you face this situation, no need to "press delete a bunch of times"; Just hit 'OPTIONS' -- 'CLEAR FIELD'.

We don't need 'shift+delete'!!
    03-06-11 01:53 AM
    Its a shortcut for 'clear field'. So see what u type and make sure you dont do that again!!:P
    It's like saying "..so what if there are landmines in your house; just be careful while walking around"

(A). I don't need landmines in my house. I can do without them. (OPTIONS -- CLEAR FIELD).

(B). I don't wanna put efforts being careful, when walking around in my OWN HOUSE! (When I accidentally press 'shift+delete', after almost finishing a meticulously typed long bbm message, it virtually feels like I have stepped on a landmine or something..)

PS: Exaggerated ofcourse, but just to put my point through..
    Last edited by Kishore Thaakur; 03-06-11 at 02:32 AM.
    03-06-11 02:07 AM
    Same thing happening to me.

For one, it's not a totally intuitive thing to know. So for two, when it happens, it's like what the heck did I just do?! Has messed me up accidentally quite a few times.
    Hi Keven, Thanks for the comment/ feedback. Nice to have you visit this thread, I am a huge fan..

Might be worth doing a poll about this one on the homepage.
    I totally second that. I am sure it would help a lot in letting RIM know what we feel about this annoying feature. Plus now that we have RIM employees officially on Crackberry , It's sure to come to the notice of RIM.
    03-06-11 02:21 AM
    This is noted as one of the "upgrades" for BBM 5.0.1. Before that, pressing the "back" key would clear the field but they changed that along the way. I guess I don't use the shift key very often because it doesn't bother me.

03-06-11 09:28 AM
    This started happening to me about a month ago after I did an OS upgrade. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what I was doing to delete the typed text. After it happening more than a few times I was able to figure it out. Not sure why this has been a recent issue for me so I just figured it was something to do with the OS upgrade...before this I've used my BBM for over 2 years and never had it happen. Whatever the case, it is annoying.
    Same here! Never faced this issue before. Obviously this has nothing to do with OS6. I guess it's the BBM 5.0.1 upgrade that causes this issue..

03-06-11 01:49 PM
    i rage so hard when it happens.
    03-06-11 10:31 PM
    Its so. Annoying.
    If you want to delete everything in the box, you can click shift and scroll up then click delete. No need to make it so close to shirt enter. --;

03-06-11 10:41 PM
    Same thing happening to me. Might be worth doing a poll about this one on the homepage.

+1 yep happens to me and its annoying...never noticed it on my 9800 torch or my other previous BB's...would be good if RIM could put an option in to turn it on or off.
    03-07-11 07:04 AM
    RIM won't turn an on/off option for such a small feature. They should probably just scrap it.
    03-07-11 11:43 AM
    i knew this was a shortcut, i have no probs with it at all...
    on the old version, the back button would erase the msg u were typing in bbm. shift+del replaces that shortcut.
    03-07-11 11:44 AM
    I've used this shortcut its really useful and yes sometimes its annoying, the first time i accidentally deleted my message i was looking for an undo option similar to my win mobile, i think RIM should include a undo option in Blackberry smartphones for all those speedy typer that delete their message my mistake..so i say let it stay and add an new function :-)
    03-07-11 01:54 PM
    Yeah I would love this shortcut to be disabled.
    03-07-11 03:50 PM
    i knew this was a shortcut, i have no probs with it at all...
    on the old version, the back button would erase the msg u were typing in bbm. shift+del replaces that shortcut.
    You are mixing two things:
    1). I as well as other posters on this thread are happy that RIM has corrected an annoyance: The Back key now saves the message on the typing field rather than clearing the field. Good. Very intelligent.
    2). We actually have a problem with the shift+delete key being assigned the task of clearing the field, inspite of the fact that there already exist 2 ways of doing that:
    -- (a). OPTIONS � CLEAR FIELD.
    -- (b). SHIFT � SCROLL TO SELECT THE MESSAGE & PRESS DELETE.

03-08-11 07:56 AM
    OS 6.1 wish list.

Undo/Redo
    Find and Replace

That's all I want
    03-08-11 08:55 AM
    ... it's nice actually... i find it useful then having to press delete continuously... it's just a matter of finger coordination i suppose... lol..

*just my 2p
    03-08-11 10:27 AM
    ... it's nice actually... i find it useful then having to press delete continuously...
    Why do you have to 'press delete continously'? There already exist 2 easy ways of doing that:
    -- (1). OPTIONS � CLEAR FIELD.
    -- (2). SHIFT � SCROLL TO SELECT THE MESSAGE & PRESS DELETE.

03-09-11 02:25 PM
    I friggin' HATE this "feature". I wish there was some way I could disable it. Many a times I'll have several paragraphs written out and then... All gone.
    03-09-11 04:59 PM
    How do u press this combo by accident? I use it and never have.
    03-09-11 09:09 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD