I read RIM's announcement. I installed it. I tried it. I fail to see what new useful features it has. Can someone explain?
    07-28-11 11:02 AM
    Perhaps check out the other thread before posting a new one :-/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-today-633158/

CS
    07-28-11 11:04 AM
    Perhaps check out the other thread before posting a new one :-/

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...-today-633158/

CS
    Have you got an answer for me?? And who are you, Mr. 25-posts-wanna-be-mod??
    thain72 and citystars41 like this.
    07-28-11 11:39 AM
    Looks like for those of us who do not do big time social connection there are no significant changes. BBM still works like before. Looks like maybe some UI changes. BBM is still a wonder in my life and is not changed by the release of BBM 6.
    1812dave likes this.
    07-28-11 11:42 AM
    I read RIM's announcement. I installed it. I tried it. I fail to see what new useful features it has. Can someone explain?
    agree....application sharing,removed music listening from menu,increased size by 1.4 meg ..............useful feautures none......and this is called an update because???????
    1812dave and thain72 like this.
    07-28-11 11:50 AM
    What does it matter how many posts he has? You created a duplicate thread.
    habs_fan and SCrid2000 like this.
    07-28-11 11:54 AM
    What does it matter how many posts he has? You created a duplicate thread.
    and your contribution is what, exactly? Besides, it's not a dupe. If any topic could have just ONE THREAD EACH, there could only be one zillion-page long thread for ANY topic. how stupid.
    thain72 and citystars41 like this.
    07-28-11 12:03 PM
    End the squabbling now please, or face the consequences later. Vigilantes and self-appointed barrack room moderators have no place in our forums. Insults are unwelcome and Dave you should know better by now

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-11 12:19 PM
    The release is a more current version than the one I was using from betazone. The only thing I see new is the ability to integrate apps like score mobile, etc. What kinda makes me mad is the only integration I see in apps with BBM, is your BBM status profile is replaced with a status from the app itself. kinda lame
    07-28-11 12:20 PM
    You go Dave! Give 'em heck.
    1812dave likes this.
    07-28-11 12:22 PM
    agree....application sharing,removed music listening from menu,increased size by 1.4 meg ..............useful feautures none......and this is called an update because???????
    agree with both posters cos it really does not seem to be any different at all !!
    07-28-11 12:34 PM
    BBM connected apps integrate the popular functionality of the BBM service and offer users the ability to interact with their friends from within the app itself. For example, with a BBM connected game app, users can invite their BBM friends to join them in a game and then chat with one another in real time while the game is being played � without ever leaving the game.

Some of the additional functionality users can expect to see with BBM connected applications include the ability to:

* Share app experiences with friends - When a user discovers a great new BBM connected app, they can instantly let their friends know about it. Users can simply select a BBM contact directly within the BBM connected app they are using.
    * Have a BBM chat within apps -Users can simply pull up their BBM contact list directly from within the BBM connected app and start chatting. For example, the functionality can enable everything from enhanced social game play to collaboration through productivity apps.
    * Discover apps through friends � Users can also discover new apps by viewing the list of apps that are posted to a BBM friend�s profile. They can also click on an app within the list, and instantly download it from BlackBerry App World.

Not so much anything major right now, but this is the new architecture moving forward.

Some existing apps that RIM has worked with during this process that I believe are already ready to use these new features.

BBM connected apps videos:

* Wikitude:
    * Score Mobile:
    * FourSquare:
    07-28-11 01:03 PM
    on a related note, Poynt is still 1.7 for me on appworld, I think 1.8 is the one with BBM integration but I can't get it to show up.. tried alt rst
    07-28-11 01:06 PM
    I want to go back to the previous version. Anyone got a link?

07-28-11 01:16 PM
    Did you expect it to enable BBM to make Tea and Coffee for you?

Scrolling through contacts is super fluid and fast now.

You can send your location on the fly through BBM / BB Maps integration

Lots of Social Networking integration like FB and FourSquare

What more do you want from a chat program? Seriously....
    I don't see the foursquare integration you speak of...

07-28-11 01:17 PM
    I don't see the foursquare integration you speak of...

You need the latest version of it from app world.
    07-28-11 01:23 PM
    Did you expect it to enable BBM to make Tea and Coffee for you?

Scrolling through contacts is super fluid and fast now.

You can send your location on the fly through BBM / BB Maps integration

Lots of Social Networking integration like FB and FourSquare

What more do you want from a chat program? Seriously....
    We expect an "update" to to have all the excistiong features plus new & improved ones. not less features... also this so-called social platform is big waste all the apps do is update ur status an send invites

scrolling been smooth since 5.0.3. Im so fed up of u ppl claiming with every update that is super faster than the last. To the # of bbm updates to date if they were all faster than the last it'd start predicting where i planned to scroll to and jus jump there as soon as i begin scrolling. lol.

I appreciate the new app integration but it aint all that... definately not "revolutionary"
    Carterism likes this.
    07-28-11 01:33 PM
    If you had bothered to read the other thread I pointed you too you would not be asking this question.

CS
    07-28-11 01:37 PM
    I want to go back to the previous version. Anyone got a link?

I need the older version as well.

07-28-11 03:33 PM
    I appreciate the new app integration but it aint all that... definitely not "revolutionary"
    Some people thought that of Apps and still do, yet its very clear the ecosystem thinks differently. Social Media is so huge right now and so directly tied to mobile devices that it would be ******** for RIM to not try and build upon it.

I think once developers run with this and build on it, you will see how more revolutionary it may become. It also is driven by something unique to BlackBerry which is a good attempt to start creating a unique ecosystem for us moving forward.
    07-28-11 03:52 PM
    The social integration is a useful feature that just needs time and developers need to build apps to work with it. I installed the Battle for BBM app and though I haven't gotten it working properly it has potential. I think this BBM build has significant potential.
    07-28-11 04:04 PM
    So don't install it! Simple solution, instead of come and whine
    1. nobody's whinning..... jus stating the facts as i see em. and 2 i was apart of betazone testing bbm v6.0.0.111 and so i wud have to dl this latest release(fruits of my labour) so it peevs me for em to make .125 official with a bug .111 did not have.

07-28-11 10:24 PM
    Has anyone been able to update to Poynt 1.8? I go to App World on my phone and it shows 1.7. I've tried resetting it, and it still does not show 1.8.
    07-29-11 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD