I got this mail :

Hello,

Thank you for using BlackBerry Messenger. To help prevent unauthorized use of this email address, we need to confirm its ownership. Please turn on your BlackBerry and allow it to receive this email. The email will be automatically processed by BlackBerry Messenger. Please do not delete this email.

If you do not use BlackBerry Messenger, you can ignore this email.

Thank you,

Suddenly on my BB I got this white screen with 3 steps to complete.
    First was registering to the server I think.
    It seemed to take forever and I did a battery pull.
    When I go to my settings on BBM 5 and scroll down I read this message :

"None of the emails on the device could be linked to your BlackBerry Messenger account. Contact list recovery using email will not be suported."

So what does this mean???
    09-18-09 02:15 PM
    i got that email when i had BBM 5. But it never made it to my BlackBerry! Haven't heard of the white screen, steps issue yet. Will be interested to see if others have seen it!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/an...madmin-299664/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-18-09 02:25 PM
    i got that email when i had BBM 5. But it never made it to my BlackBerry! Haven't heard of this issue yet. Will be interested to see if others have seen it!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/an...madmin-299664/

Oops, I did not find those threads you just posted, my bad..
    09-18-09 02:55 PM
    Well, i don't think those threads address your issue of the white screen with 3 steps.

i didn't have that happen. That's what i was referring to when i said would be interested to hear more about that!

09-18-09 03:01 PM
    Well, i don't think those threads address your issue of the white screen with 3 steps.

i didn't have that happen. That's what i was referring to when i said would be interested to hear more about that!

Oh okay! Did not check them all, but the ones I've read don't mention this
    indeed.

Also what was weird was that when I clicked on the mail icon that white screen would appear... could not see my mail list seemed like it had to finish authenticating first.
    Last edited by Switcher; 09-18-09 at 03:17 PM.
    09-18-09 03:15 PM
    I didn't receive that email, but that's what it says under my Barcode in "Edit My Info" in BBM 5. I've had that before on my old BB, but I can't remember exactly what I did to get it back to showing my info. I just received a Pearl Flip 8220 Replacement last week Tuesday; I didn't know until a friend told me that I had to re-register my linked emails so they'd start working on my new device. I'm receiving my emails again, but I still have that. And again, I didn't receive an email or anything or had a white screen issue. It's just under Edit My Info.

If you resolved your issue, please tell me what you did!
    10-05-09 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD