07-22-09 07:57 AM
40 12
tools
    I am hoping therr are some of you out there for whom 5.0 is working correctly. Can you tell us how you installed, any fixes you may have had to do? There are so many threads about it not working I am thinking it may be more effective to hear from those who are having success.
    07-19-09 09:29 PM
    Works flawless on my Curve. I never had any issues, so I don't know how I could fix any...
    07-19-09 09:31 PM
    it works just fine on the storm. the problem ive been seeing is the dreaded ID. 10T error. it pops up a lot.
    07-19-09 09:43 PM
    It is working fine on my storm too (slight hiccup with messages late last night but that is gone now). All I did was overwrite the files in the java folder (C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/Shared/Loader Files/[your OS]/Java) with the ones from the zip file and ran app loader. It said that there was an update and then I clicked next twice to install. After installing, I checked up Options> Advanced Options> Applications and it said version 5.0.0.8.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 10:01 PM
    I have still yet to install bbm 5 on my curve. I know eventually that it was be official but if i install bbm 5 and it doesnt work properly can i go back to the old one?
    07-19-09 10:07 PM
    It works perfect on my 8900 ...... The only iddue I did have waz right after I installed it my phone rebooted by itself but after that everything is perfect ...... I did the OTA link in the 8900 forums and it just downloaded itself hope this helps.

07-19-09 10:16 PM
    Works on all Curves running 4.5.0.131 or later, Bold, Storm, Tour, and Curve 8900. Many problems are reported from those with a Curve running 4.5.0.77 or previous versions.

07-19-09 10:17 PM
    interesting, ArmaK. I dl'ed OTA and have 5.0.8, not 5.0.0.8....
    07-19-09 10:17 PM
    I have still yet to install bbm 5 on my curve. I know eventually that it was be official but if i install bbm 5 and it doesnt work properly can i go back to the old one?
    If you are doing it through app loader, just backup the original java files and you can always copy them back if you change your mind. Or if you do it OTA, you can always install the latest version to your computer and then use app loader to reinstall.

07-19-09 10:18 PM
    I am running it on my storm and on wifes curve. Both running perfectly. I haven't even seen an error code once and I installed on Fri via DM.
    Installation on curve was a little tricky....I found that it does not play well with .77 and didn't work with .160 so well but seems to be fine with .131.
    All I did was
    1. Download zip file
    2. Extract files (remember directory that you extract to)
    3. Launch DM and connect Berry
    4. Click app loader
    5. Select the one one on the left( not device software)
    6. Click browse after it searches
    7. Click on .alx file
    8. Then click next
    Phone will reboot and wallah. You might get lucky and it may recognize it as a possible upgrade...if so then just click next.
    If it doesn't like your OS then BBM icon will disappear all together but it will show in app menu.For 4.5 recovery please PM me. Hope this helps.
    07-19-09 10:26 PM
    interesting, ArmaK. I dl'ed OTA and have 5.0.8, not 5.0.0.8....
    That is strange since the version number for the storm is 5.0.0.8.

Here is a screen shot from MePascal from BBOS (the site that leaked it)

Here is my screen shot.

I did a quick check of the alx for each device and they all say 5.0.0.8. The only thing that I can think of is that the jad file had the version number incorrectly input.

Last edited by ArmaK; 07-19-09 at 10:45 PM.
    07-19-09 10:27 PM
    the only thing not working for me is the "D" and "R" symbols don't show up.. which sucks.
    07-19-09 10:30 PM
    It is working flawlessly on my Curve running 4.5.0.81.

I installed it using the method I posted here - http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/how-...anager-271622/
    07-19-09 10:31 PM
    Working fine for me. I tried loading it on my brother's curve but running into trouble. First he was running .77 so I upgraded the phone to .160 but I get an error everytime I try to download over OTA

07-19-09 10:32 PM
    seems to be working fine now that I resent service books 7 billion times, but I am still wondering if I should be worried about the 5.0.8 thing....or should I leave well enough alone??
    07-19-09 10:39 PM
    seems to be working fine now that I resent service books 7 billion times, but I am still wondering if I should be worried about the 5.0.8 thing....or should I leave well enough alone??
    I wouldn't worry about it since we are both running the same bbm files on our storms.

07-19-09 10:48 PM
    I downloaded it to my Tour on friday and it has worked fine.

07-19-09 10:48 PM
    I occasionally come across contacts that read "unreachable." Other than that, I have no (solid) issues.
    07-19-09 10:58 PM
    It works fine for me on my Bold. I do have 1 contact that constantly reads "unreachable" but I talk to her pretty much all day long and messages go through to her no problem. Weird, but a non-issue.

07-19-09 11:03 PM
    Just uploaded the new bbm. Working great so far! I didn't lose any of my contact info and I love the new set up! The best part is the group message feature...awesomeness!

07-19-09 11:53 PM
    I have been hesitant to try it but I guess you never know until you try it right! We will see how it goes.
    07-20-09 12:13 AM
    Running it for the last day and a half...
    Downloaded via OTA- no loss of Contacts, no random reboots (did reboot a couple of times after installation- just out of habit) & been working flawlessly for me so far.
    Won't be passing judgement until I've run it for a few more days though...
    07-20-09 12:54 AM
    I am having a problem with BBM5 lately. for some reason, my messages dont get delivered sometimes. I found out that a battery pull fixes the issue, but it gets annoying since it happens couple times a day...
    07-20-09 12:56 AM
    I think OTA Download is better I have had no problems with it. No loss contacts or anything. It's great!!!
    07-20-09 01:04 AM
    having issues with it on my tour...downgrading now
    07-20-09 02:23 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD