What do you think so far about bbm 5.0 ?

What's New?

What's Gone?

What's the Same?

What's the groups about?

Some said you can add a contact thts not on bbm and you will be txting him instead is this true? Hope I explained that Q? Right lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 08:01 AM
    the font is wayyy too big. i liked the leaked bbm 5.0 better. trying to downgrade... Been using font size 7 and can now only see 7 contacts on the screen at a time when I am scrolling through vs the ~10-12 i could see with the leaked bbm 5.0. Makes it difficult when you have ~60 bbm contacts..
    Last edited by ssatzberg; 10-08-09 at 08:31 AM.
    10-08-09 08:04 AM
    I think the new BB Messenger is great. Looks nice, easy to manage, has some nice new features.

My question;

Can I use BB Messenger to manage my regular SMS text messaging? From what I can see - no. But I'd like it sooo much better than the default text messaging.
    10-08-09 08:05 AM
    Ya I don't know where I heard it but thought I did. Is there any othere way to one click txt someone

10-08-09 08:24 AM
    the font is wayyy too big. i liked the leaked bbm 5.0 better. trying to downgrade...
    You do realize that the font is whatever you set device wide....you can change it in options -> screen/keyboard
    10-08-09 08:26 AM
    Ya I don't know where I heard it but thought I did. Is there any othere way to one click txt someone

I think you need to have one of the 5.0 OSs for SMS integration
    10-08-09 08:27 AM
    I loaded it up through the OTA web link with no problem. It doesn't show me who is busy or available like the old one did but it seems like they improved on a lot.
    10-08-09 08:27 AM
    Ok and is that out yet?

10-08-09 08:28 AM

Can I use BB Messenger to manage my regular SMS text messaging? From what I can see - no. But I'd like it sooo much better than the default text messaging.
    I think that SMS will only work with one of the newer leaked versions of OS 5.0.
    10-08-09 08:29 AM
    You do realize that the font is whatever you set device wide....you can change it in options -> screen/keyboard
    Yes, of course I am aware of that but the font is much bigger on the official bbm5.0 vs. the leaked bbm5.0. I have been using font size 7.
    10-08-09 08:29 AM
    Well I like the new one better for me just for the simple fact that I couldn't use the old one on my OS. The new one works awesome and I'm only running 4.5.0.77!!!!
    10-08-09 08:58 AM
    I miss the other persons "Status" It's nice to know when the other persons is on the phone when you're waiting for an answer.
    10-08-09 09:04 AM
    I am liking it.
    I thought it would run slow on my 8330 using 4.5.0.77 but no issues (knock on wood)
    10-08-09 09:07 AM
    i like the look of the old one better, but i do like the new one.

why is there no option to sent a pic while you are in a chat?! i DO NOT like that!
    10-08-09 09:09 AM
    I'm still waiting to hear from the folks that had the leaked version and tried the official. So far I've only seen one, and they already don't like the official cause of the font... What else is different?

10-08-09 09:10 AM
    The official version also did away with the option to request a contact's location. You can now only send your location to a contact.
    10-08-09 09:13 AM
    I'm still waiting to hear from the folks that had the leaked version and tried the official. So far I've only seen one, and they already don't like the official cause of the font... What else is different?

Its not so much the font.. You know how the contact list in the new bbm are rows with the name and picture. Those rows are now bigger is really what the problem is. Would love to find a way to adjust this...
    10-08-09 09:13 AM
    i down loaded the 5.0 and i dont see a difference is there something else i need to do
    10-08-09 09:30 AM
    Pros:

* groups
    * barcodes
    * file sharing
    * photo comments
    * Contact backup (online & local)
    * ...many more

Cons:

* not found (beside bit larger weight 2.8MB)
    10-08-09 09:33 AM
    Its not so much the font.. You know how the contact list in the new bbm are rows with the name and picture. Those rows are now bigger is really what the problem is. Would love to find a way to adjust this...
    oooooh, ok I get what you're saying... Still, that bites. What device are you using? Maybe this new one shows up differently on different screens. (Just tossin it around) Let us know when you do find a workaround

10-08-09 09:35 AM
    i down loaded the 5.0 and i dont see a difference is there something else i need to do
    somewhere towards the end of the install, you are asked, do you want to replace your old BBM version with BBM 5.0 Did you get this message? if not, then you didn't do something correctly.
    10-08-09 09:40 AM
    just got the curve 8900, and yes i will be calling t-mobile daily explaining how i want the new 9700 when it is released
    10-08-09 09:46 AM
    I posted at http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/th...-5-0-a-332311/ about the Hidden Flag Icon.
    10-08-09 09:51 AM
    I dont like that you have to download the photo when someone sends one to you. I liked the other one where it would just "view" in the chat.
    10-08-09 09:52 AM
    Anyone else have an issue with BBM disappearing after you download it via AppWorld? Verizon BB Tour

And no, it's not in the downloads or any other folder for that matter!
    10-08-09 10:03 AM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD