I have a question that a simple search in the forums didn't help.

What version of BBM 5.0 have? I downloaded just like everyone else did on Friday when the beta was released.

I was comparing BBM 5.0 with a Storm user, yes I know that different phones may have different revisions. But I am currently running 5.0.0 and the my friend with the Storm is running 5.0.0.8. He has slightly different features, like being to export a BBM contact to the homescreen as an Icon so you can launch a chat with that person from your homescreen.

Is there another version of BBM 5.0 out there for an 8900?
    07-21-09 10:19 AM
    go to option>advanced options>applications and scroll to blackberry messenger and you will see the version number

To be able to put the contact on the home screen- scroll to the contact list, highlight the contact, and then hit the menu button and click show in home screen(which means that it will put it in the IM folder if you have one)
    Last edited by jackie treehorn; 07-21-09 at 10:26 AM.
    07-21-09 10:23 AM
    I have a question that a simple search in the forums didn't help.

What version of BBM 5.0 have? I downloaded just like everyone else did on Friday when the beta was released.

I was comparing BBM 5.0 with a Storm user, yes I know that different phones may have different revisions. But I am currently running 5.0.0 and the my friend with the Storm is running 5.0.0.8. He has slightly different features, like being to export a BBM contact to the homescreen as an Icon so you can launch a chat with that person from your homescreen.

Is there another version of BBM 5.0 out there for an 8900?
    The answer is no. They are the same. And I have it running fine on mine and the export to home screen option is there on my 8900.
    07-21-09 10:23 AM
    When I scroll to the contact list and hit the menu key. I do not have an option to show in home screen.
    07-21-09 10:31 AM
    Here's what I had to do to get everything running the way it should.

I had to delete the old bbm(after a backup of course) then plug the device up and open the app loader and browse to the folder where I had the bbm in. Once I selected that I just followed the prompts and it installed no problem. restore my contacts and set up the new bbm
    07-21-09 10:36 AM
    sweeeeeett. ..
    07-21-09 03:41 PM
    i have the option to send contacts to home screen and also using v5.0.0.8 from a zip file , haven't heard of there being a different version as 3cissbb has said
    07-21-09 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD