On my Curve I had a bunch of contacts in BBM and on my Bold I only had a few. My settings weren't exactly the same - neither were my avatars. Last night, I switched phones and updated the info on my BIS account online. Now, in BBM on my Bold, I have all the contacts I had on my Curve, my avatar changed to the one set on the Curve and a few settings did as well. Before I did the switch online everything was the same so I'm thinking that's what did it. Does anyone know if this is a new feature? I haven't connected either device to my computer or anything...
    07-23-09 10:24 AM
    hey! something like this happened to me, a friend of mine had downloaded her bb msn 5 so i decided to download it for my bb, once i did it and rebooted my bb when i opened bb msn 5 I literally was her, i had all her contacts, her picture, her name and it happened the same with her bb she had my name, contacts, etc... this was very weird does anyone has a solution?
    07-23-09 11:53 AM
    it seems as if RIM has all your BBM5.0 info on a server somewhere and your contacts and settings are updated no matter what BB you switch to ...i think its long overdue
    there is also the option to save your contacts to your device or memory card....
    07-23-09 11:59 AM
    If that's the case, I'm glad. This has always bothered me.. Glad to see something being done about it.
    07-24-09 01:10 AM
    Everyone I know was having problems with their BBM today for a couple of hours. I guess RIM is up to something.
    07-24-09 01:58 AM
    I found this out so far and gave up. CLICK HERE
    07-24-09 05:04 AM
    i had this same problem.

Now its rectified, as I am not using any email addresses for the "backup".

BUT, one contacts PIN keeps changing to mine. And for the life of me, i cannot figure out how to get it to stop changing.

I'm thinking about completely wiping the device clean, and re-adding everyone manually.
    07-24-09 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD