Considering how much I depend on ShorcutMe, I was devastated to find out that it doesn't recognize BBM 5. So, of course I whined to the developers at Fonware. This was their solution:

"ShortcutMe can launch previous BB Messanger, but not the new one (5.0).

We are very busy with developing, alpha testing, beta testing and releasing the new versions that we have not got time to test BB Messanger 5.0.
    One problem is that we think BB M 5.0 is not running on BB OS 4.6, the one we have on our BlackBerrys. That means that we need to upgrade BB OS first, something that stops us alpha testing existing new releases of ShortcutMe.

We will however, upgrade and support launching BB M 5.0 in future releases. Just can'tpromiss when.

In the mean time you can use this workaround (not very convenient but better than nothing)
    :

Right conv key assigned to ShortcutMe.
    Left Conv key assigned to BB Messanger 5.0

To launch multi click apps in shortcutme for the left conv. key, click right conv key once and then left conv key several time.

Best regards,
    Support Team,
    Fonware Ltd."

IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM, LADIES & GENTLEMAN... SPREAD THE WORD!
    08-04-09 01:04 AM
    FYI:

New version of ShortcutMe, 3.6.4.0, can launch BB Messenger 5.0, AIM, Google Talk, Yahoo Messenger and other instant messaging apps directly (AppName=InstantMessagingApps)
    08-05-09 07:04 PM
    I know, LOL! The day after they emailed me I got notification from mobihand that they'd updated... whatever!
    08-06-09 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD