The new BB msgr 5.0 is a load of rubbish, although it has good intentions.
    Shame the developers at RIM clearly didnt test the new features.

1. Sending of pictures/images no longer works, PERIOD! It quite happily sits at 0% until it expires. Have tried a number of workarounds, like changing memory and save location, TCPIP settings, all to no avail!

2. Although I can't even send/receive an image, they have gotten rid of the simple and quick message send, where the images is sent at a lower resolution. GREAT FEATURE and want it back! Obviously no use if point 1 doesn't work!!!! Also - bear in mind that this will adversely affect your data plans if you have any limitations!

3. Whats with all the expiry on sending of data??? We can't all access our phones every minute of the day. Some of us have day jobs. STOP EXPIRING OUR MESSAGES!!!!

4. Messages are delayed or not sent! FREQUENTLY! Friends are not getting messages sent almost 24 hours ago, and then on some occasions they're sent twice or thrice!!

5. Profile images are not displayed and all workarounds given on RIMs website do NOT work! Don't release a workaround unless it works (and has been tested!)

Next time RIM release a software let's hope they test it first. Can't wait to see all the 'features' that OS5.0 will bring us...
    11-11-09 05:55 AM
    LOL mines perfectly fine and works well..last week there was a few issues with the avatar pics not showing up but RIM fixed it. Everything else works brilliantly well and my file transfers all go through quick.

I see that your with O2...thats your problem there fella...O2 have the worst 3G coverage out of all the UK networks period and OFCOM even made a report about how bad they are.

Anyhow thats neither here or there...if its not working for you then ring up O2 and see what they say...they have BB technicians who might be able to help you...if they cant then i suggest you backup your contacts...delete BBM5 and re-download it and see if it then works.

But to come on here and start saying that BBM5 is crap etc is kinda stupid...because most if not all people are gonna call you out on it as it seems to work for the majority of people on here.
    11-11-09 06:03 AM
    I have zero problems using BBM 5 on AllTel Curve 8330 using 5.0.0.230 using Verizon Wireless. Not sure what to tell ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 06:05 AM
    I hear ya, but...
    There are hundreds of people all over different forums with the same problem and yes, it may be a carrier issue, but the thing is... the people with the problems are from all over the world, Italy, Spain, Venezuela, next door neighbour on Orange!

So you kinda see my frustration!?
    ps. Already uninstalled 5.0
    11-11-09 06:15 AM
    Well if its a carrier issue then surely its down to the carrier to fix it instead of coming on here and having a pop at RIM for not doing their job right...when in all honesty they have...they cant be blamed for something thats wrong with the carriers...seriously take it up with your carrier is probably the best course of action...
    11-11-09 06:36 AM
    Spawn - You misread... i said it "may be a carrier issue", but with some many complaints all over the net, with different carriers, along with open cases on RIMs website for some of the issues, wouldnt you agree, even a little, that there may be an underlying issue here with the product and NOT the carrier? I understand your comments if you work for RIM of course!
    11-11-09 06:47 AM
    yea, mine works just fine, idk what u have going on lol....however i do agree with the part about the messages expiring, thats a HUGE frustration....but other thatn that, i have no complaints(well except how few characters they give for BBM status but thats all)
    11-11-09 07:58 AM
    Cheers Propa!

For the non believers out there... (Doodododddodooo... (whistling to himself))
    Note the carrier and therefore the country!

forums.crackberry.com/f79/blackberry-messenger-pictures-not-sending-342380
    OR
    forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=34857
    11-11-09 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD