I have a really quick question about my messenger. i have messenger 5.0 on VZW. I am just simply tryin to send my location to a friend who has a blackberry as well who just got it. I am tryin to just show em, but its not working on my phone...this is the error message that i am getting

Send loaction
    Share your current or previously saved
    locations
    UNABLE TO RETREIVE CURRENT LOCATION
    10-25-09 10:25 PM
    Do you have your GPS enabled?
    10-25-09 10:34 PM
    Lots of people having a problem with this feature right now. I don't think its been solved. It may not get solved until the release of OS 5.0 which hopefully is soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:43 PM
    umm...idk.. how whould i find that out?
    10-25-09 10:43 PM
    just fyi, it has worked before cause i would tryin to send it to him, and he had a Pearl, so he couldnt see it. He just got the tour tonight...so i was tryin again, now its sayin the error message i sent in the previous post
    10-25-09 10:44 PM
    Find your GPS settings in Options>Advanced>GPS

It won't matter though, like I said its an issue right now. For me it seems to be with VZ users as I have friends with other carriers and it works.

10-25-09 10:49 PM
    ok...thanks i found it out how to switch it...but like Shaylguul said...it must be an issue, but i did have GPS turned off. its on, and STILL aint workin...hum
    10-25-09 10:58 PM
    You can open BB Maps find your location and post a web link in your BBM. A small pain but a work around for now.

Here's hoping for the future and a fix.

10-25-09 11:01 PM
    oh yea...and while i have folks attention, is there an app for crackberry? if so, where can i look??
    10-25-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD