I currently have a Tour (about 2 1/2 months old), running OS 4.7.1.40 on Verizon. I really like the BBM that came with that OS, but I am tempted to try BBM 5.0 since I really like to have the latest and greatest :-).

Does anyone run this OS with BBM 5.0 that can give an honest review of it? Do you like it? Do you hate it? Is it easy? Is it harder than the other?

I have searched on forums and read reviews on it, but not really too much has been said about running it on the same OS that I have (it seems most have upgraded to OS 5.0).

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!
    11-19-09 04:12 PM
    There's no difference between running BBM5 on OS5.0 or 4.7

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 05:12 PM
    BBM 5.0 is far superior to BBM 4.7. You may be the only person left running bbm 4.7. Upgrade and you will love it! It couldn't be easier to use and the new features are great.
    11-19-09 05:18 PM
    Go to the App Store and download it. I'm using it on the Tour. Some of my friends and family are still on the old one, pretty sad. Having it backup all your contacts is great, especially when moving to another phone.
    11-19-09 05:25 PM
    Definitely upgrade, so so much better than 4.7, u won't regret it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 07:00 PM
    Well, here's an update:

I got a Reload App 552 Error last night, so I dumped everything, then reinstalled everything to get the phone back to where I want it. Along with the reinstallation it upgraded my OS to the 4.7.1.61 from Verizon (which is nice so far) and along with that came a link to update BBM. I went ahead and did it so now I have BBM 5.0. So far it's okay...it looks alot different, but I do like that I can put avatars with my contacts (most helpful for people with the same name).

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
    11-20-09 09:59 AM
    Congrasts on the upgrade! i absolutely love the bbm5 buttttttt, i do hate the fact that sending pictures or voicenotes need to be downloaded in the bbm5. you have to save a picture before viewing it. as sad as this is, mms picture messages are way faster than pic transfer thru bbm that was my most favorite feature about the older bbm. hopefully this will get fixed.
    11-20-09 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD