Hi all,
    i just installed the new BBM 5.0 on my Curve 8900 running 4.6.1. It works perfect.

I noticed, though, that the emoticons (smileys, etc) are low resolution. In fact, clearly worse than those of the previous version.

is it something I did during the installation process or it is just that it's a beta version? (I doubt they will downgrade the icons for this version)
    09-14-09 11:09 AM
    You didnt do anything wrong. The icon on BBM 5.0 dont look as good. Not sure why RIM whould have done that.
    09-14-09 11:20 AM
    You didnt do anything wrong. The icon on BBM 5.0 dont look as good. Not sure why RIM whould have done that.
    It's called beta software, it's not done yet.
    09-14-09 11:31 AM
    that's weird... thanks for the quick response.

maybe they will fix them for the official release, together with the cropping picture 'feature' when sending pics.

otherwise it is a pretty slick update.
    09-14-09 11:32 AM
    that's weird... thanks for the quick response.

maybe they will fix them for the official release, together with the cropping picture 'feature' when sending pics.

otherwise it is a pretty slick update.
    I am sure things will be polished for the final release. Speaking from my point of view as a software engineer, things like icons and "fluff" is the last to get updated as it doesn't impact the functionality and there are more important things to concentrate on.
    09-14-09 12:15 PM
    thanks Radius for your response!

I guess trying to come up with an ETA for the final release is a complete crapshoot...
    09-14-09 01:34 PM
    It's called beta software, it's not done yet.
    agreed

10char
    09-14-09 02:04 PM
    they have released the final version... and the icons are still kinda lame.
    I was wondering if I needed to uninstall and reinstall to fix or if it is that simply they didn't change them.

Thanks!
    10-09-09 01:21 PM
    They're pretty small and hard to tell apart still. If they were just a little bigger I could tell what's on the dude's face lol . maybe that's why everyone likes the beer mug, at least we know what that is vs. "embarrased", "confused", "sarcastic" and all that crap.
    10-09-09 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD