for all the people who got BBM 5.0 to work. leave your comments here and your findings. in all other threads they only talk about how to get it to work, i want to hear the findings and whats added en whats better than the previous one
    07-18-09 05:27 AM
    location sharing does not work here.

btw: found links to ota files here:
    Blackberry Hilfe Forum • Forum anzeigen - Software von RIM
    07-18-09 05:43 AM
    does anyone know if you can you send pics without cropping?
    07-18-09 06:08 AM
    Display pic avatars don't seem to function properly. I've set my display pic, and so have a few of my friends and we can't see each others pics.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 07:44 AM
    Same here no display pics/avatars showing for friends ! gutted

Display pic avatars don't seem to function properly. I've set o my display pic, and so have a few of my friends and we can't see each others pics.

07-18-09 04:17 PM
    I downloaded it OTA and now my BBM has disappeared and its not restoring back from my back up.
    Any ideas? It shows in applications though.
    07-19-09 01:50 AM
    Has anyone else noticed a memory leak after installing it? I start at about 12mb free at a fresh battery pull but after about a day I get down to 5mb or so.
    07-19-09 02:20 AM
    Not to be "that guy," but what does this have to do with OS betas? Shouldn't this be in apps?
    07-19-09 03:33 AM
    I found a working link! But i cant post it
    07-19-09 03:38 AM
    mh..worked fine yesterday...but got serious probs today. Messages are not being sent/ sometimes not receives from/ on my bold.
    Evenm tried a bat.pull - still same issues....
    any ideas?
    07-19-09 03:52 AM
    Since i have tried to get this working on my Curve using 5.0.0.100 i was getting sick! But now i found a working Link to the Tour Version and now it works!!!

Here we go!

USE THIS LINK TO INSTALL THE BLACKBERRY MESSENGER 5.0 ON YOUR BOLD / CURVE RUNNING 5.0.0.100

BBM 5.0 Leaked to the Masses – OTA Links | BerryGurus
    07-19-09 04:02 AM
    Installed this on my Tour, everything works at first but when you really start messaging back n forth with someone it seems like the messages get hung up. Some go out and some dont, a lot of them are deferred and sent later. I had some people message me and say "what are you talking about" because they suddenly started getting random messages. You can tell that is the case because the delivery notification doesn't show up either "d". Bottom line, message deliver is not fast or reliable. I went back to my 4.7 version and BBM is working great. I would not recommend using it.
    07-19-09 08:33 AM
    I've got it to work on my 8900 w/4.6.1.250. I had to manually install it, and it's working well so far. I like the new features
    07-19-09 08:43 AM
    I'm on 5.0.100 and bbm 5.0 is running good so far for me. I think the changes are nice.

07-19-09 08:50 AM
    does anyone know if you can you send pics without cropping?
    i like 5.0 overall but i HATE this new cropping before sending pics thing!
    07-19-09 09:22 AM
    Cropping pictures is new functionality that we didn't have before. Before, instead of cropping, is would just send an extremely low res version of your picture. Now we can have more choice in our picture sending.
    As for the icons/avatars, make sure you have done these steps: Select Contact, Menu, Link To Contacts (or something just like that. I already did it for all of mine and can't remember the exact wording) After I did that it brought up their pictures I have of them in my phone. I haven't been able to test out the actual custom avatar part specific to BBM yet, and I have been plagued with the delays that have already been mentioned.
    If I had to gess, I would assume that RIM has some seperate servers for testing this new BBM and they are probably crowded as **** with everyone here, as well as all of the other legit beta testers using it. Or maybe it's just a beta software issue. But considering that the messages are leaving the phone, hence the check instead of an X or hourglass/clock, I believe it's a server side issue.
    Anyways, that's my take on BBM right now. I'm very much looking forward to when this starts working reliably, because all of the extra featurers and the updated interface are to die for!!

07-19-09 11:49 AM
    Love the new flag options for smileys

07-19-09 11:53 AM
    I got mines working good now. I was having the issue with 'd' and 'r', but i went into options and changed something that had nothing to do with it (like 'sync to addr book"), but it works now... go figure!
    07-19-09 12:55 PM
    I got mines working good now. I was having the issue with 'd' and 'r', but i went into options and changed something that had nothing to do with it (like 'sync to addr book"), but it works now... go figure!
    Guys I have got say this new version is sick!!!!! @impact87 to test out the barcode scanner I just added you as a BBM contact using the barcode in your CB avatar...and it worked you should see a request from Gavin.

For all of those persons who are experience difficulties with the upgrade, use OTA much better. You may have some issues, like uncaught exceptions but don't sweat it, just click through. I did notice that this version did not work with quicklaunch but as someone said, can't do anything unless the QL developer creates a fix and it's unlikely seeing as this is just a beta app.

If anyone wants to downgrade delete BBM 5.0 and then use apploader to reinstall your current OS ensuring to select blackberry messenger 4.6 as one of the apps to install.

The OTA links provided by Berry Gurus (see below) worked fine for me this morning but you never know...

BBM 5.0 Leaked to the Masses � OTA Links | BerryGurus
    07-19-09 03:59 PM
    Is there another ota link for this? My download failed, it says my bb can't unzip the file

07-19-09 04:30 PM
    Works great for me!
    07-19-09 04:38 PM
    I like the new 5.0 bbm it works fine with my 8900
    07-19-09 04:56 PM
    Same here no display pics/avatars showing for friends ! gutted
    to get a pic/avatar to show up on your bbm you have to add one from your end or link your bbm contact to one of you address book contact that have a pic. you have to have the image you want to display on your phone
    07-19-09 05:05 PM
    I have had issues clicking contacts to start a convo. I am on 4.7.0.151 so not sure if that is related or not to my issues. When I click the contact nothing happens. I have to type their name in and then hit enter on the keyboard to open the convo.

Also experienced missing D and R's on the messages I sent so I am not sure if it is a glitch and they actually are being delivered or not
    07-19-09 05:16 PM
    My messages get delivered, but there is a severe delay before the other person receives it and vice versa.
    07-19-09 06:34 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD