I noticed that back when I had BBM 5.0 that when I closed out of a conversation (not ending/deleting it) and reopen it, either from the application or the "Messages" folder, my cursor would always be in the text of the conversation itself and not in the text field. I would always have to press "R" to reply or scroll all the way down to start typing again. Does anyone know if this was just a bug on my end, or does it happen across the board with BBM 5.0?

I hope I made sense...hopefully someone can replay the scenario.
    03-09-10 07:36 PM
    Can anyone who has BBM 5.0 check to see if this affects them too?
    03-10-10 01:05 PM
    bump...has RIM fixed this?
    03-24-10 08:52 AM
    Mine always opens in the reply field.
    03-24-10 10:19 AM
    thanks for replying, jaydee. that's odd...what version of BBM are you using? maybe i just had a buggy one. i had .57.
    03-24-10 10:35 AM
    I have the 5.0.0.57 also on a curve 8330.
    There is a new BBM out, maybe your problem will be fixed with it?
    03-24-10 10:50 AM
    odd. i got .57 again...and i realize that if i close out of the conversation with the BACK button and reopen, the cursor is in the conversation. if i close out of it with the END key and reopen, the cursor is in the reply field! i always use the BACK key...might take some getting used to...
    03-24-10 11:26 AM
    I noticed that back when I had BBM 5.0 that when I closed out of a conversation (not ending/deleting it) and reopen it, either from the application or the "Messages" folder, my cursor would always be in the text of the conversation itself and not in the text field. I would always have to press "R" to reply or scroll all the way down to start typing again. Does anyone know if this was just a bug on my end, or does it happen across the board with BBM 5.0?

I hope I made sense...hopefully someone can replay the scenario.
    I have this same problem!! it's p1ssing me off!! and i notice you have an 8900 curve too.. let me guess you're still using OS 4.6 like me and upgrade to BBM 5.0?

hmm.. i think it can't be a coincidence that maybe bbm 5.0 is not compatible with 8900 OS 4.6.. the only thing i can think of that went wrong during download was that it wanted to change some file and i said no by accident so it stopped the download.

do you know if it's possible to downgrade to BBM 4.6 easily?
    07-19-10 07:00 PM
    odd. i got .57 again...and i realize that if i close out of the conversation with the BACK button and reopen, the cursor is in the conversation. if i close out of it with the END key and reopen, the cursor is in the reply field! i always use the BACK key...might take some getting used to...
    does this cursor problem happen to you when you use instant messenger programs as well like yahoo etc?

im noticing it does this for all applications which have a window even emails etc

have you found out how to get rid of this, its not bbm specifically the problem it's something in the software which makes it set the cursor at the top of the screen,

have you found the solution?
    07-20-10 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD