I am sure this has been asked before but I could not find it on a previous post.

Is Blackberry Messenger 5.0 available for the Tour? If so, does anyone have the OTA link?
    08-10-09 07:05 PM
    Instead of searching CB, try searching Google...that was major news like a month ago...come out of under the rock man.
    08-10-09 07:12 PM
    Instead of insulting the guy/girl why don't you help them BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    08-10-09 07:34 PM
    Thanks kbizzles
    08-10-09 07:37 PM
    at the risk of being verbally b**** slapped. whats the difference in bbm 5
    08-10-09 07:41 PM
    Instead of insulting the guy/girl why don't you help them BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 OTAs
    Did you lose your current contact list downloading it through here?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 07:46 PM
    at the risk of being verbally b**** slapped. whats the difference in bbm 5
    Some new features in 5.0 include:

- picture avatars connected to your BBM contacts, so when you facebook app adds your friends pictures to your contact list it's copied over to bbm

-messages are contained in bubbles, similar to iPhone text messages

- QR Code invitations. If your not familiar with this concept its basically a square with a dotted pattern inside that uniquely ids your phone. For someone to add you to their contacts all they need to do is take a picture of your pattern and boom youre in their list

- notifications for when you friends change their picture or status

- if while in a conversation another contact sends you a message it will pop up at the bottom of your screen, but not exit your current chat, this is convenient for those people who have multiple conversations at once
    08-10-09 07:53 PM
    oh cool. that last one happens for me already.
    i don't think it being bubbled is worth it for me. i'll just wait for OS 5 to come out. thanks for answering without being snide. appreciate it
    08-10-09 08:33 PM
    Did you lose your current contact list downloading it through here?

Funny thing you should ask - I upgraded to the leaked BBM 5.0.0.11 (I think it was), obviously backing up first, and lost my contacts. Then, I tried to restore my contacts from my backup and only found a few at a time had been restored. It took several restores of the same backup to get all my contacts back - for whatever reason. It was very strange and I still don't have a solid answer as to why it happened. And, no real solution to it either.

Ultimately, I was able to get all my contacts back... Hope this helps.
    08-10-09 08:39 PM
    Okay thanks. I upgraded to the leaked on my storm and I lost my contacts. So that's why I was asking

08-10-09 09:53 PM
    Never used BBM all that much but 5.0 is really cool. Starting to dig it now. Worth it for sure!
    08-10-09 09:57 PM
    Instead of searching CB, try searching Google...that was major news like a month ago...come out of under the rock man.
    I really don't understand why someone can get so bent out of shape over I simple question,the guy said he searched the forums and couldn't find his answer but he still gets barraged over not searching the vast internet for his answer...isn't that what forums are in existence for, help?

08-10-09 10:08 PM
    I really don't understand why someone can get so bent out of shape over I simple question,the guy said he searched the forums and couldn't find his answer but he still gets barraged over not searching the vast internet for his answer...isn't that what forums are in existence for, help?

Yea I agree. Its ridiculous. But anyway...I downloaded it and didn't lose my contacts

08-10-09 10:58 PM
    i talked to my buddy that works at verizon and he mentioned some kind of bug that is in bbm 5.0. so everyone just becareful when using this
    08-10-09 11:03 PM
    i talked to my buddy that works at verizon and he mentioned some kind of bug that is in bbm 5.0. so everyone just becareful when using this
    This is correct there have been many people who have had issues with it and untill its official this wil prob contenue this is a at your own risk thing for sure. It dose rock when it works right

08-10-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD