So I just dl'd bbm 5.0 and I don't seem to have the option of adding non-blackberry using friends to use the sms integration. Wassup with that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 11:10 AM
    edit:

Just read that you have to be running OS 5.0 to have the sms integration. That's stupid.

I haven't even heard for sure if the 8830 is gonna be getting 5.0. Does anyone know either way?
    10-08-09 11:16 AM
    Probably not. From what I've read it's most likely due to memory issues with 8830 lacking it. I'm not even going to upgrade to the official release because it's over 2 MB where as the pre-release is only 1 MB. I'm already low on memory and have already done the memory tweaking/optimizing.
    10-08-09 01:04 PM
    That's pretty disappointing. Doesn't sound like we'll ever get threaded texting.

I've heard a lot about other people using leaked or hybrid os', but I've been hesitant to try any. Does anyone know if there are any that would allow me to use the sms integration into bbm?

10-08-09 01:34 PM
    I don't think so. I'm running the .160 Hybrid with BBM 5 and it dosen't have it.
    10-08-09 08:48 PM
    I downloaded and ran BBM 5, but it messed up my call logs and slowed down other device operations (not enough memory). I deleted it, but now need to reinstall BBM 4.5. Not sure how to do this without losing data. Anyone?
    10-08-09 10:05 PM
    I think bottom line...BBM 5.0 is not meant for the 8830 at all. I was good with almost 15MB of free memory now it's down to 11MB and then leaks memory all the way down to 6MB...

Just patiently waiting for the right phone to use my NE2
    10-08-09 10:18 PM
    I think bottom line...BBM 5.0 is not meant for the 8830 at all. I was good with almost 15MB of free memory now it's down to 11MB and then leaks memory all the way down to 6MB...

Just patiently waiting for the right phone to use my NE2
    I'm running BBM 5.0 with no problems...no memory leak (I don't have VAD on mine). I have 15+mb free.
    10-08-09 10:32 PM
    It's running just fone on mine, but I do have pretty low memory. After a battery pull, I'm starting with around 8MB with all the apps I run. It sits at about 4MB most of the day, but does get down to 2MB if I use a lot of other apps.

I'm actually quite pleased with the new BBM5. I just have to be more memory-aware than before. Sad to say, but it looks like a Tour is in my future and my 8830WE will be retired....
    10-09-09 08:05 AM
    So I installed the new bbm 5.0 this morning as per friends advice.

The bubbles are annoying they remind me of the i phone "ping" I'm glad I can switch back to the old style convos.

HOWEVER where are my notification icons for text messages and emails while in bbm???? These are fairly important to me and they dont appear to be anywhere.

Any help?
    Last edited by 3 squared; 10-09-09 at 09:50 AM. Reason: spellin
    10-09-09 09:47 AM
    My 8830 has been running hella slow ever since I got bbm 5.0. I rarely use it, so I may just delete it to get my phone to run faster again.

10-09-09 10:29 AM
    Everyone with memory issues, if you could, I would try to find the pre-release of BBM 5.0. The official release is too big where as the pre-release is only 1 MB. Besides, as far as I know, there isn't anything new or different from the pre-release so better off saving memory.
    10-09-09 01:42 PM
    Just don't think about memory and use your phone. It will work perfectly then

10-09-09 07:25 PM
    That will work really well for 2 days until all of your messages dissapear.

Just don't think about memory and use your phone. It will work perfectly then

10-09-09 08:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD