For those of you that didn't like the new BBM 5.0.0.33 (like myself) and would like to go back to the first leaked 5.0 BBM, here is the link for all device OTA's:
    http://www.berryreview.com/forums/topic/bbm-50-ota8217s-for-everyone-who-missed-out-on-the-first-leak

I thought I would post this just in a fellow berrycrackhead wanted the first 5.0 BBM (leaked version)

I don't like the new .33 BBM because the icons (avatars) aren't as rounded as they were with .8 and the color gradients aren't as smooth and the "eye candy" has gone away with this new version (at least I feel this way about it) to mr .33 looks plain dull as if its missing a few enhancements.

What BBM version do you like more and why?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-10-09 01:48 AM
    wow............
    10-10-09 01:54 AM
    Wow Justing, you sure have a lot to say. I'm sure you do though because a thought like "wow" could have gone unoticed if you hadn't posted it but you felt like you need to share "wow" with us, or at least me. So, what else is in that head of yours that could go unoticed?

10-10-09 02:00 AM
    I have an issue with the .33. I can no longer send my location or request a location like on .8.
    Have you had the same issue?
    10-10-09 02:14 AM
    Same thing with me ckrasnicki, that's another reason why I switched back to .8, also in .33 you can't restore your contacts like you can on .8 no matter if you upgrade to .8 or downgrade from it.

10-10-09 02:25 AM
    Thanks for the link, I am in the process of changing back right now.
    Have a great...night/day
    10-10-09 02:29 AM
    Yeah thanks. I had the .8 COD files if anyone needs them. 8 def looks a lot better imho
    10-10-09 02:34 AM
    The new app is really nice.
    10-10-09 04:45 AM
    Personally, I like the look of the .33, and I haven't had the location issue to speak of. As far as speed, however, in my experience, .33 delivers and receives messages A LOT faster.
    10-10-09 05:25 AM
    im having problems with the new bbm... i prefer the old one
    10-10-09 06:08 AM
    I'm staying with the beta until all the bugs are worked out. Too many threads on these boards about people having trouble.
    10-10-09 08:44 AM
    I tried to reload .8 and it won't respond on the device, so I had to reload .33 again. Very disappointed. Any ideas on how to get .8 to run on the device again?
    10-10-09 11:35 AM
    Ckrasniki: Just remove it with app loader then download it and if the icon doesn't show up just re add it with app loader.

10-11-09 03:34 AM
    i had .8 ever since it first came out and i loved it from the beginning, even when messages were sometimes taking hours to be delivered. that being said, i like .33 much more. to me it looks better and runs smoother than .8. i also like the addition of being able to have groups and how it groups recent status updates together by contact. integration with threaded sms isnt too bad either.
    10-11-09 04:34 AM
    Ckrasniki: Just remove it with app loader then download it and if the icon doesn't show up just re add it with app loader.

Thanks, and I am not trying to be stupid, but can I just delete it, while in the applications area, under options, and then reload .8?

New to the BB thing, so I don't know where the application loader is...desktop?
    10-12-09 12:52 AM
    If you have a 5.0 OS intalled on your BlackBerry, yes, you can delete the application modules from within the options menu.

To access app loader on your computer go to: Program Files-Common Files-Research In Motion-AppLoader. Click on the AppLoader icon, make sure you have your BlackBerry connected. Once the AppLoader initializes you'll have access to delete any application within your BlackBerry. So delete BlackBerry Messenger (uncheck the box and make sure that it says remove or downgrade) then hit next and your BlackBerry will restart and you won't have BBM. After you do this install BBM .8 from the link I provided and it should show up under your instant messaging folder after it installs, if it doesn't show up just run AppLoader again and check the BlackBerry Messenger box and you should have it.

I've never had issues delivering messeges or them taking forever to deliver with .8

10-12-09 02:32 AM
    lot of issues with the BBM 5
    .8 i can not send my location, i tried once and my phone didnt stop rebooting itself...i have to replace the device
    .33 issues sending pictures and voice note, mostly of the time the file expired..
    BOTH voice note keep storage in the memory and i am not able to deleted unless i pull the battery...
    honestly think RIM could bring a better BBM
    10-12-09 04:00 AM
    One big plus for .33 is that it will actually LOAD! 0.8 failed every time, probably due to my running a beta OS (.238) but at least the "official" BBM5 loads/runs now and that's worth something to me. No issues thus far. I'm ok with it.
    Last edited by eBud; 10-12-09 at 08:55 AM.
    10-12-09 08:53 AM
    I wouldnt mind reverting back to 0.8.... But I'm currently using OS 5.0 and BBM5 beta doesnt not work on that platform.
    10-12-09 10:13 AM
    hi.. have you tried downgrade from official to beta?
    i have remove the bbm official from advanced option - application on my device. the device requires restart.
    and i have installed the beta, the bbm icon show up, but i can't get into the bbm..
    seems the program won't run. i have tried to take off the battery, restart couple times, the same problems appear. i can't get into the bbm room..
    how to fix this things?
    i prefer the beta so much than the official
    oh.. and i use OS 4.6.1.250
    if you could help me out here... thanks

the reasons why i prefer beta:
    1. my status won't update. don't know why. i can read other's status. but they can't read mine.
    2. some of my friends photo are still missing.
    3. bbm5 official limit the character of status. i've notice the beta has longer character.
    4. emoticon on beta is much better! much cuter!
    Last edited by melia2237; 10-12-09 at 02:25 PM.
    10-12-09 02:05 PM
    Melia: have you tried removing BBM through AppLoader or DM (Device Manager)? If not try that and then get back to me. Do this: Remove BBM through advance options and also AppLoader then re-add it through AppLoader (it will be the 4.6 BBM) after the BBM is there download the 5.0.0.8 BBM OTA and you should be fine.

10-12-09 04:08 PM
    Melia: have you tried removing BBM through AppLoader or DM (Device Manager)? If not try that and then get back to me. Do this: Remove BBM through advance options and also AppLoader then re-add it through AppLoader (it will be the 4.6 BBM) after the BBM is there download the 5.0.0.8 BBM OTA and you should be fine.

hi.. i have tried both ways but unsuccessful...
    i just finally got a way..
    i wipe my device, i downloaded the beta version.. it finally appears, and i restore my data..
    ^_____^

i'm so so so happy right now... yippiee...

NOTE: you may either wipe your handheld or re-install the OS.. ^^ (don't forget to backup ur data first)

back to beta again... *dancing*
    10-12-09 04:46 PM
    Melia: I was going to suggest to wipe your device but I didn't think you would have want to take it that far just to run BBM LOL (though knowing me I would have done that so I can see why you would as well) add me on BBM if you have any questions. 24B72C6B

10-12-09 06:35 PM
    The link shows me 5.0.0.33 , is there another link with 5.0.0.8 ? I miss location sharing and Proxymity alerts.. damn
    Last edited by Wilfred; 10-24-09 at 01:19 AM.
    10-24-09 01:14 AM
    lol at this entire thread, mostly lol at the people posting in this thread, whom, in other threads complain about RIM not making anything new, then whining to go back to the old....geez people
    Last edited by katiepea; 10-24-09 at 03:35 AM.
    10-24-09 03:31 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD