that would be a bummer if the spell check only works on 5.0 since I can not get 5.0 os to load.

12-15-09 09:02 PM
    I like everything about it *except* the fact that it shrinks pictures from whatever res/compression they were taken at to much smaller. I preferred to be able to send full quality pictures over BBM.

RIM, next update, please give us the option to turn picture compression on and off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 10:45 PM
    I like everything about it *except* the fact that it shrinks pictures from whatever res/compression they were taken at to much smaller. I preferred to be able to send full quality pictures over BBM.

RIM, next update, please give us the option to turn picture compression on and off.

I don't know of this will help, but from my experience with this latest version is as follows.

If you send a picture from an open chat window, by pressing the bb button and choosing "send picture". The person receiving the picture will get three options. Preview which he can open instantly and save by pressing the bb button and choosing save (this replicates the way pics are sent in the old bbm) The second option is you can accept and download the full resolution picture, and finally you can decline. So, technically this gives you the options you requested i.e. turning picture compression on/off

The only problem is, from what i've seen so far this doesn't work when you send a picture from an album. So if you open a picture from an album and then decide to send it from there by pressing the bb button and choosing send to messenger contact. the person receives the pictures with only "accept" and "decline" option and NO preview. Don't know aout when sending from camera application.

If any one out there that knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thanks
    12-16-09 12:37 AM
    I downloaded it just now and my Telus tour with 5.0 hybrid os seems to be working fine, spelling check works fine too

12-16-09 02:02 AM
    I don't know of this will help, but from my experience with this latest version is as follows.

If you send a picture from an open chat window, by pressing the bb button and choosing "send picture". The person receiving the picture will get three options. Preview which he can open instantly and save by pressing the bb button and choosing save (this replicates the way pics are sent in the old bbm) The second option is you can accept and download the full resolution picture, and finally you can decline. So, technically this gives you the options you requested i.e. turning picture compression on/off

The only problem is, from what i've seen so far this doesn't work when you send a picture from an album. So if you open a picture from an album and then decide to send it from there by pressing the bb button and choosing send to messenger contact. the person receives the pictures with only "accept" and "decline" option and NO preview. Don't know aout when sending from camera application.

If any one out there that knows how to fix this please let me know.

Thanks
    I've tried every combination that can be tried and whether they preview or not, when sending on my end it always shows the files around/under 40kb on the sent transfer request. The recipient of the files confirms either way there's no difference, it still compresses the files. I take all pics on the highest resolution and least compression possible and prefer to be able to send them that way.

12-16-09 06:18 AM
    Can you open jpeg images BBM? Please advise. Thanks in advance!
    12-16-09 06:56 AM
    I used the back-up feature BBM offered if that helps any. I too upgrade and everythings seem fine and it update my groups automaticly.
    12-16-09 08:14 AM
    Has anyone upgraded their BBM yet? I was going to do it but a friend of mine lost all her BBM contacts when she upgraded. Also.. she lost her spell check.

Just want some feedback on whoever downloaded the upgrade if there was any problems getting on the Tour and any issues with BBM itself. Oh.. and what the change are with the upgrade.

Thanks
    I lost spell check on mine, but everything else is still in place. I'm running the lastest O.S. 4.7.

12-16-09 08:44 AM
    I've upgraded my Tour and wife's Curve 2 and everything worked perfectly. So far.
    12-16-09 09:02 AM
    why did the spell check feature go away? I need that back for when I am typing fast and misspell something.
    12-16-09 09:18 AM
    I used the back-up feature BBM offered if that helps any. I too upgrade and everythings seem fine and it update my groups automaticly.
    agreed.... and i still have spell check.

i think the spell check is dependent on your os version
    12-16-09 10:55 AM
    No issues on my end, I just upgraded to the newest BBM...A couple cool new features. I'm using the 9700.
    12-16-09 11:09 AM
    I just upgraded spell check is gone. And are they for real with the preview?

Who can tell what they are viewing, you have to download the picture still.
    12-16-09 02:02 PM
    everyone the spell check has not been removed its there > type a few letters in the text box hit bb menu and it shows up after there is an entry, this is how it shows up on my bbm try it
    12-16-09 02:53 PM
    Tried that but still no spell check. Idk
    everyone the spell check has not been removed its there > type a few letters in the text box hit bb menu and it shows up after there is an entry, this is how it shows up on my bbm try it
    12-16-09 03:11 PM
    Tried that but still no spell check. Idk

maybe its os specific ? sorry just going by my bb and a few other post ive seen that some seem to have and not others
    12-16-09 03:14 PM
    this update stinks. spell check doesn't work and since the update i get major lag while using bbm
    12-16-09 03:23 PM
    heres a pic of my bbm review in .55

Last edited by duck383; 12-16-09 at 04:04 PM.
    12-16-09 04:00 PM
    I noticed this latest update doesn't leak near as much memory as the previous official version...
    12-16-09 04:02 PM
    I noticed this latest update doesn't leak near as much memory as the previous official version...
    true , also i went into options and set recent updates to none, so bbm wont keep updating changes my contacts make- the default was 25
    12-16-09 04:08 PM
    Does the phone need to be restarted after the install? I have a few things going that can not be saved and don't want to do a restart at this time. If it needs to be restarted I can hold off.
    12-16-09 04:26 PM
    No spell check here either.
    12-16-09 04:41 PM
    Does the phone need to be restarted after the install? I have a few things going that can not be saved and don't want to do a restart at this time. If it needs to be restarted I can hold off.
    Yes, anytime you install an application or a theme, a battery pull is recommended. After you installed the new version of BBM 5.0 it should have prompted you to reboot, mine did...
    12-16-09 04:41 PM
    Snap. I don't have spell check anymore either
    12-16-09 08:56 PM
    You guys really need a spell check that bad? Lol

12-16-09 11:12 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD