Ok, so I had the leaked 5.0.0.8 version and everything worked fine. I upgraded to 5.0.0.33 official version from RIM and now I can't receive pictures via BBM. It asks me to Accept or Decline, but nothing happens after that. I go to my Pictures folder and it shows an empty file. I can send files to other users. I have another friend with the Tour, same problem, but my 2 other contacts who have Curves DO NOT have this issue. Is this a Tour-BBM 5.0.0.33 issue?
    10-08-09 02:33 PM
    from what i figured out (this is IMO) now that BBM will accept larger files it ask if you want to accept the trtansfer. After you accept it DL it to your media card then it is viewable thru BBM of thru the picture folder. there is a time limit on it so if you don't accept it expires. The reason i think that it has to do with file size is that it no longer forces me to crop the image before sending.

I am able to send and recieve though.

My OS is 4.7, w/ BBM 5. offical
    10-08-09 02:38 PM
    Hmm, mine is working fine. Did you try the usual battery pull? If not try installing BBM again and see if this solves the issue. Best.
    10-08-09 02:38 PM
    from what i figured out (this is IMO) now that BBM will accept larger files it ask if you want to accept the trtansfer. After you accept it DL it to your media card then it is viewable thru BBM of thru the picture folder. there is a time limit on it so if you don't accept it expires. The reason i think that it has to do with file size is that it no longer forces me to crop the image before sending.

I am able to send and recieve though.

My OS is 4.7, w/ BBM 5. offical
    I am trying to re-install now, doubt that will work. It does ask me to Accept, and it shows a blank file in my media folder on my media card, but never downloads the image. What do you mean view the image through BBM? The preview does work on the Accept/Deny button, but there is no way to view the picture in BBM otherwise.
    10-08-09 02:52 PM
    I am trying to re-install now, doubt that will work. It does ask me to Accept, and it shows a blank file in my media folder on my media card, but never downloads the image. What do you mean view the image through BBM? The preview does work on the Accept/Deny button, but there is no way to view the picture in BBM otherwise.

After it asks you to accept/deny, and you hit accept, it will show you a download progress bar. When it is done, there will be a "view" button. That's what he's asking.
    10-08-09 03:00 PM
    i'm on the leaked version. i've found that sending pictures as files rather than pictures works, fine. otherwise, as you've mentioned, they're just blank files.
    10-08-09 03:00 PM
    try going into settings>advance settings> Network map, then click the BB Button and Choose register. I had this problem once before and that fixed it
    10-08-09 03:07 PM
    Ok, a couple of corrections. My friend who has the Tour only had this issue when him and I were exchanging pics, so I believe this is an issue just with me. I should also mention, I have a 4.7 Hybrid OS (forgot version # - I wonder if that's the culprit). When I accept a pic, it never shows me the progress bar. It does show me a progress bar when I send pics though.

Also, i tried to have someone send by selecting "Send File" first and that didn't work either.

I wonder if anyone else is having this issue.
    10-08-09 03:09 PM
    try going into settings>advance settings> Network map, then click the BB Button and Choose register. I had this problem once before and that fixed it
    Thanks, but I don't see a Network Map in Settings-Advanced Options.
    10-08-09 03:10 PM
    Im having the same issue and im running the factory OS no hybrids or anything. The weird part is that last night after i upgraded the bbm it didnt require me to accept or decline. It was still the old way with View,Save or Ignore. Now today it asks me to accept or decline forcing me to save the pic to my media. Very weird
    10-08-09 04:09 PM
    Ok folks, I think I figured out the issue.

I am forced by my BES policy to use media card encryption. I believe this is the issue. When I save a picture to my internal memory, it works fine but not when I save to my sd card. You would think sending a picture from an encrypted card would not work but receiving would, but it seems to be reverse. I have no way of testing by turning off media card encryption, so if others can test and see if this is a known bug.

Also, for you guys who upgraded to 5 from 4, you are forced to save now, you can no longer view when exchanging pics with another bbm5 client. This is by design.
    10-08-09 04:48 PM
    I am having a similar problem. My boyfriend has the Tour with the 4.7 OS and I have 8330 with 4.5. It seems that when I use the "send picture" option from the menu within BBM, it sends to him. If I use the "send to messenger contact" from within the media folder, it doesn't work when I send it to him. However, when he sends me a file, it doesn't work. I really miss just being able to view the picture as opposed to saving it. That is a minor bug that needs to be fixed.
    10-09-09 07:23 AM
    I was having the exact same issue! My wife and I both have new Tours running the stock v.40 OS. I could send her pictures all day long...when she went to send to me, I accepted the request, and then the progress bar would just sit there at Received - 0.00 KBs. I let it sit for 30 minutes once, nothing. When I sent pictures to her it would take at most 1 minute from start to finish; they were only about 500-750KB a piece. So then we just randomly try it again at night and viola! it worked finally! We didnt do anything else different, it just worked.

I have no clue what was going on during the day to make it not work for me...
    10-09-09 07:55 AM
    Yeah, it just sits there at "Received - 0.00 KBs". I can see a small thumbnail of the actual picture up to the point I press accept. It saves on my media card as an empty file.

Now when someone with another 8330 with BBM 5.0 sends me a picture from within their media folder, it sends and when I send to messenger contact from within my media folder, it goes through to another 8330 but not a Tour...
    10-09-09 08:15 AM
    I just had her test it again, everything is still working.

She chooses "Send Pic" instead of "Send File," then selecting "Pic." I have no clue......glad its working.
    10-09-09 08:41 AM
    Your guys problem is definitely different. Mine was when I clicked Accept, nothing happened, I didn't even see a Receive progress bar.

On another note, I upgraded to OS 5.0.230, and I still have the same issue. For now, I will save pictures to internal memory.
    10-09-09 09:16 AM
    I had him try the "send picture" option from within BBM and that worked like a charm.
    10-09-09 01:11 PM
    I just had her test it again, everything is still working.

She chooses "Send Pic" instead of "Send File," then selecting "Pic." I have no clue......glad its working.
    mine is the other way -- i have to select send file to send a picture. weird...

are there any hott chicks on here whom i can test this with?
    Last edited by tallazzPilipino; 10-09-09 at 05:11 PM.
    10-09-09 05:00 PM
    Your guys problem is definitely different. Mine was when I clicked Accept, nothing happened, I didn't even see a Receive progress bar.

On another note, I upgraded to OS 5.0.230, and I still have the same issue. For now, I will save pictures to internal memory.
    I was having the same issue. An earlier post said to turn off encryption. That seems to have worked for me. Go into Options>Security>Encryption. Then, I disabled the encryption for the media card.
    10-10-09 04:54 PM
    this new method of file sharing really suxs for what most of us use bbm for--
    that is - a social tool.

it probably has do to with the ability to send much larger files via bbm5. but we should still have the option to preview THEN download. as a social tool
    designed for conversion, having the thread die while you wait for a download
    is just silly. speed is of the essence of conversation tools.

i don't really think most of us need to swap a 6mb file via bbm...
    thats what email is for.

functionality-wise - bbm5 is a downgrade. it just looks prettier.

also, i can only get the pic to send using the "send pic" menu option from
    WITHIN bbm5 - selecting "send to messenger ctc" from within the media
    pic folder does not work - as others have noted in other threads, it shows up
    on the recipients bb and never downloads.

one would think they would test this stuff a bit better, huh? i mean, it seems we are finding very basic "root" functionality flaws in like 15 mins -
    how can RIM overlook this and "baseline" the product??

oh....its the software business....the end users ARE the beta testers...how silly of me to forget.

c'mon RIM, step it up, release an update that brings the old functionality
    back, not just eye candy. barcode scanning?? how about some quick file
    sharing and contact status....LIKE WE ALWAYS HAD BEFORE!

mini-rant, over.
    10-10-09 07:02 PM
    yeah i'm having a similar issue. that happened to me once, and when i try to delete the picture off my memory card, it won't let me because "file is in use" even after i close the convo.

but sometimes pictures won't come in and i have a blank spot and i can't delete it either.

though a different time this happened, i had to wait for the whole picture to load.

i don't know how people are sending pics, but i've been taking pictures and clicking "send to messenger" and selecting my bbm contacts.
    10-10-09 08:47 PM
    this new method of file sharing really suxs for what most of us use bbm for--
    that is - a social tool.

it probably has do to with the ability to send much larger files via bbm5. but we should still have the option to preview THEN download. as a social tool
    designed for conversion, having the thread die while you wait for a download
    is just silly. speed is of the essence of conversation tools.

i don't really think most of us need to swap a 6mb file via bbm...
    thats what email is for.

functionality-wise - bbm5 is a downgrade. it just looks prettier.

also, i can only get the pic to send using the "send pic" menu option from
    WITHIN bbm5 - selecting "send to messenger ctc" from within the media
    pic folder does not work - as others have noted in other threads, it shows up
    on the recipients bb and never downloads.

one would think they would test this stuff a bit better, huh? i mean, it seems we are finding very basic "root" functionality flaws in like 15 mins -
    how can RIM overlook this and "baseline" the product??

oh....its the software business....the end users ARE the beta testers...how silly of me to forget.

c'mon RIM, step it up, release an update that brings the old functionality
    back, not just eye candy. barcode scanning?? how about some quick file
    sharing and contact status....LIKE WE ALWAYS HAD BEFORE!

mini-rant, over.
    Took the words right out of my mouth(err... hands since I'm typing). I am really disappointed in how they screwed up the send picture in the Messenger. If I wanted to send a high res file, I'd just email it or use the send file option. I liked that I could send a very lightweight, yet viewable picture instantly. One of the best features of the Messenger.
    10-10-09 08:48 PM
    Hey guys, So i updated to OS 5.0.0.230, and im getting an error "907 Invalid COD"

Now, before i updated OS, i had downloaded the bbm 5.0, so I know it works on my phone, and i am able to update it .

My problem is that I dont have a data plan that allows me to browse the internet, so is there any way that I can get a .zip of BBM 5.0? Or fix this error.. thanks guys
    10-10-09 09:24 PM
    I was having problems sending files, but had no problem receiving.

I think you can only send files / pictures from within BBM. If you go into your media card and try to send a picture to a messenger contact it stays at 0.00 Kb. Though when I was in my BBM conversation and clicked send picture they were able to get it.
    10-10-09 11:45 PM
    I'm having issues with sending nay type of file wither its a pic or a voice note or a normal file. The thing just sits there saying 0.00KB sent and I have yet see a progress bar :S. Every time I sent a file I had to to end the chat send an SMS to my contact asking them to close the chat also so we can continue chatting because once the file sending gets stuck it seems non of my messages are delivered. I will not use ths functionality until RIM fixes these issues.
    10-11-09 12:15 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD