I notices a bug with my BBM 5.0.0.33 when I try to update my status, it does not show up in my recent updates like it should (I have myself added in my contact list so I can see if my status updates work, picture changes...etc)

My device is a 8900 with 4.6.1.298 OS. I've tried the following to fix the problem:

1) Resend Service Books
    2) Battery Pull
    3) Uninstall/Reinstall BBM
    4) Registering Phone (in Host Routing Table)

When I check my status on a friends phone, my status updates are a day behind (ie the status message I set yesterday won't show up until the following day)

Anyone else having this issue? Everything else is working fine.
    10-14-09 08:14 AM
    I notices a bug with my BBM 5.0.0.33 when I try to update my status, it does not show up in my recent updates like it should (I have myself added in my contact list so I can see if my status updates work, picture changes...etc)

My device is a 8900 with 4.6.1.298 OS. I've tried the following to fix the problem:

1) Resend Service Books
    2) Battery Pull
    3) Uninstall/Reinstall BBM
    4) Registering Phone (in Host Routing Table)

When I check my status on a friends phone, my status updates are a day behind (ie the status message I set yesterday won't show up until the following day)

Anyone else having this issue? Everything else is working fine.
    No I haven't had this problem. My thoughts are to delete BBM, and reinstall it using your Browser --> BlackBerry Messenger , I hope this helps!
    10-14-09 08:18 AM
    already done that (as I stated in my previous post)
    10-14-09 08:22 AM
    Sorry Hun, well then it might be an OS problem. Did you upgrade before or after the install of BBM? Try re installing the OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-09 08:25 AM
    i installed after upgrading my os
    10-14-09 08:30 AM
    same problem here, any solutions?
    10-15-09 03:28 AM
    im having the same problem on 8900, firstly i installed 4.6.1.298, then upgrade to BBM 5.0.0.33, then this problem happen.

i tried to roll back to OS 4.6.1.250, problem still happen, and now using OS 4.6.1.310 problem still happen on BBM 5.0.0.33. change my status or playing song, and it wont updated on friend's contact list.

and it become working again when i change back to BBM 4.6.0
    can somebody pls help?

sorry for poor english.
    10-15-09 09:19 AM
    I had the same problem on my tour I did Everything but nothing helped. So when I bought the new Storm 2 I manuely (132 of them). Worked fine for one day now i have a lag and sometimes doesnt even change.
    please helppppp
    10-30-09 08:38 PM
    I'm having a similar problem. My display picture isn't updating.
    11-01-09 08:54 AM
    I am having a similar problem with BBM 5. My status changes do update however the avatars are not updating. The avatars were updating yesterday but not since late yesterday afternoon.
    11-01-09 11:03 AM
    Just figured it out! I had too many BBM contacts (I had about 190) and I reduced it down to about 75 contacts and Voila!
    11-17-09 03:21 PM
    too many contacts isnt the problem....

invalid contacts are.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f152/fi...b-os-s-366299/
    11-17-09 10:04 PM
    SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, BUT I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF BBM 5.0.0.56!
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

USE THAT LINK IN YOUR BROWSER ON YOUR BLACKBERRY AND IT SHOULD SOLVE ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS YOU WERE EXPERIENCING WITH THE OLDER VERSION OF BBM. HOWEVER, WHEN I DID IT, IT ERASED ALL MY BBM CONTACTS FROM MY BBM LIST (200 OR SO CONTACTS) BUT WHEN MY MOM DID THE UPGRADE TO 5.0.0.56 HER 5 CONTACTS EASILY, AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHED OVER. BE SURE TO BACK-UP YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE DOING THIS UPGRADE. OTHER THAN THAT, THANK GOD THAT STATUS UPDATES ARE BACK! ENJOY THE NEW BBM AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
    12-20-09 09:27 AM
    SORRY FOR ALL CAPS, BUT I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!

HERE IS THE LINK FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF BBM 5.0.0.56!
    http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/dev...ry.do?code=bbm

USE THAT LINK IN YOUR BROWSER ON YOUR BLACKBERRY AND IT SHOULD SOLVE ANY AND ALL PROBLEMS YOU WERE EXPERIENCING WITH THE OLDER VERSION OF BBM. HOWEVER, WHEN I DID IT, IT ERASED ALL MY BBM CONTACTS FROM MY BBM LIST (200 OR SO CONTACTS) BUT WHEN MY MOM DID THE UPGRADE TO 5.0.0.56 HER 5 CONTACTS EASILY, AUTOMATICALLY SWITCHED OVER. BE SURE TO BACK-UP YOUR INFORMATION BEFORE DOING THIS UPGRADE. OTHER THAN THAT, THANK GOD THAT STATUS UPDATES ARE BACK! ENJOY THE NEW BBM AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL!
    12-20-09 09:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD